Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School and Ski Hire in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, off to St Anton in January. Looking for ski hire and a day or two of lessons, intermediate skier.

Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On-line hire bookings can save you ££££. Try snowrental, snowbrainer, skiset, sport2000 (additional 5% off on top of reduction with current discount code s2neige). snowHead

Sorry can't help with anything else to do with St Anton as I haven't been Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
powdermonkey, Have never needed to hire in St Anton (as I take my own gear) but from what I gather it is expensive as there is a bit of a cartel thingy going on. Where are you staying? There are a few good shops close to the Galzigbahn (handy for dropping your skis and boots off when staggering back from Mooserwirt/KK) or if you're staying at the Nasserein end of town there are a few around the gondola there too. Sport Jennewein (near Galzigbahn) does seem to get a good (if not cheap) name.

Have never taken lessons there either, but a couple of the lads have used the main ski school in the past and been impressed. Sorry I can't be more specific
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avago, boabski, Thanks - I'll have a look on-line. I have noticed in my limited research so far that it's blooming expensive to hire rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
powdermonkey, mkay be cheaper buying skis on here or ebay and selling them on again???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
powdermonkey, I'd agree with boabski - I was staggered at how expensive rental was there (albeit I only wanted specific skis for 1 day), and they are pretty much all similar prices.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
powdermonkey, I'd also say to buy your own and sell on, as I plan on skiing St Anton a lot more I bought my skis based on the prices I paid there, at €140 for a week owning my own will soon pay for themselves Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
powdermonkey, try sidneyreilly http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ He seems to be able to get 10% off if you stay in one of his appartments - which are all very well located
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey - I did think about nuying my own due to the cost, and got advised against it by the many.... I thought it'd be good value to buy a set for about £150 inc bindings, then I'd always have them and not have this problem. I do only ski once or twice a year so was advised against it !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
powdermonkey wrote:
Blimey - I did think about nuying my own due to the cost, and got advised against it by the many.... I thought it'd be good value to buy a set for about £150 inc bindings, then I'd always have them and not have this problem. I do only ski once or twice a year so was advised against it !

Who advised this!?!

If i were you i wouldn't waste any more time in hire shops and get some gear. It'll last for ages and pay for itself / improve your technique before too long.

My advice would be not to waste any money on bad equipment though. There are plenty of deals online and you would benefit from a good pair that you can "grow" into over the next few years. You should try before you buy if possible too.

By the way, i'm off to St Anton in Jan too. See you on the Valluga!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
depending where you are traveling from and whether you are doing private transfer or hiring a car I would look at getting your ski hire on route. we did this last jan for a trip to serfaus from munich we stopped in garmisch (12 of us in a bus) and hired our skis there for under 70 euro for v good quality top ski and boot. it was 120+ in serfaus so for a 1/2hr stop we saved min 600euro! planning a future trip to st anton so have also been checking it out and you are right the prices are a total ripp off. if you can avoid it, dont hire there as the more people that avoid renting from the rip off ba****ds the more they will have to lower their prices.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You don't get any choices on ski schools in St Anton - even the second 'seperate' red ski school comes under the umbrella of the main one, the Arlberg Ski Schule. Plenty of good instructors though, so no worries there.

Most hire shops have similar prices (the 'Anton Mafia' may have something to do with that Laughing ). The good news is, most have an excellent range of skis to choose from, whether you want race, all mountain, or backcountry twins with touring bindings...

I like the main Jennewein shop by the Galzig. I've never hired from there, but the staff are super friendly (and kind, after I had two pairs of poles stolen by mid season, they gave me a pair to use for the rest of the season!), good range of skis and they're nice to all the skint seasonnaires working away to make your holiday as enjoyable as poss Laughing NehNeh
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Bat wrote:

By the way, i'm off to St Anton in Jan too. See you on the Valluga!

Me too - arrive on 17th.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We arrive on the 10th - flying into Geneva then getting a bus transfer. As yet am not sure if it's just the group I'm going with or if we'll share with others...

I do have my own boots, so it's just skis I'm looking for, and ski school-wise I may not bother this year, or wait until I get there.

Ski Bat, Will revisit the buying option - my mainp roblem is not having a scooby about skis !!!

clarky999, do you know the name of the place so I can see if I can book online in advance??

Thanks all btw Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The school or the shop?

The school is called the Arlberg Ski Schule, the hire shop Jennewein - google should sort you out with both.
latest report
powdermonkey, plenty of advice on here about skis! It may be conflicting, but it is advice none the less!
snow report
anotherproblem, I know, it's the conflicting bit that gets me Laughing
ski holidays
powdermonkey, we're flying to Innsbruck my love - PLEASE TELL ME YOU'VE BOOKED INNSBRUCK?? snowHead and we're getting a private transfer - no point mixing with the proles Very Happy
latest report
Nadenoodlee, Ah yes, I did, and we are Embarassed
ski holidays
It's a pretty train ride from Innsbruck to Anton anyway, enjoy.
latest report
powdermonkey wrote:
Hi, off to St Anton in January. Looking for ski hire and a day or two of lessons, intermediate skier.

Thanks Very Happy

Hiya. I am staying in St Anton for the winter season and if you are still after some lessons I can sort it out for you.

Pls let me know if you are interested?

Dom
ski holidays
I am going to StAnton with a large group in March.
Some of them require skis,we are staying at the Amalian Haus which is in the pedestrianised central area of StAnton.
Does anyone know which hire shops have ski lockers and presence near the bottom of the lifts/slopes that would be nearest to this area of StAnton? So we can dump the gear quicly at the end of the day.
snow conditions
hedley wrote:
Some of them require skis,we are staying at the Amalian Haus which is in the pedestrianised central area of StAnton.
Does anyone know which hire shops have ski lockers and presence near the bottom of the lifts/slopes that would be nearest to this area of StAnton? So we can dump the gear quicly at the end of the day.

AlberSport, Intersport and I think the new Jennewein shop all have ski lockers. All located near the Galzigbahn.
snow report
hedley wrote:

will you have your own equipment or you are going to hire one? If hire, you might be able to store it overnight where you get it from.
Will you be getting any lessons as well?
snow conditions
active therapy, 7 will be hiring ,4 will have own gear and no lessons will be involved although a splinter group may hire guide depending on the conditions.
snow report
hedley wrote:
active therapy, 7 will be hiring ,4 will have own gear and no lessons will be involved although a splinter group may hire guide depending on the conditions.

Have a look at Alberg Sport - they do ski hire and have lockers as well - 20 euros a week (as far as i know - there is a few of you so you might get a bit cheaper Smile
ski holidays
Most of the shops by Galzig have lockers for private skis, but of limited size and often get filled up quickly. If you run out, just go into Alber and put the skis downstairs in the Scott Dunn racks - I had mine there for half of last season (some of the SD staff invited me to fill up the spare spaces) and no-one noticed...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy