Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where is everyone off skiing/boarding this year?

Poster: A snowHead
Im going to La Rosiere, anyone on here been? heard the apres ski is pretty non existent, or is there a hidden bar somewhere that opens till late?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to Chinaillon (above Le Grand Bornand) for Christmas - staying in the Village de Lessy (better location than our trip there in February) Watching the web cams and weather now - it's looking better.....

Dave
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gav_in59 wrote:
Im going to La Rosiere,

Never hear of it here, must be rubbish. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
you mus tof heard of it, its the only place in france where heli=skiing is legal, the resort crosses over in to italys resort la thuile!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gav_in59, Welcome to snowHead Sorry about the quip. La Ros has a bit of history here and is actually very well known. Do a forum search and you should get the picture, there will be masses of posts. It is actually somewhere I would like to try some time and I do believe has good things going for it. Enjoy. Cool snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ha ok, sorry took it seriously haha, yeah ill have search now thanks!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Plagne in just over two week's time - woo-hoo! Then Kreischberg over New Year and Mayrhofen end of Jan Very Happy

I stayed in La Thuile many years ago with many family (Planibel apartments), so obviously we skiied in la Rosiere quite a bit. All I remember was it being FREEZING.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gav_in59, yes- I have.

Good for; ski in/out, easy to get around, children and families, sun

Bad for; snow quality (south facing), wind (through the St Bernard pass- very strong makes it v cool and blows off all the snow that hasn't been melted/ sublimated by the sun) , terrain, mountain food

I wouldn't go without children
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to;

20 December- family ski holiday in Chamonix

March - off piste holiday SCGB Flaine

April- family holiday with lots of friends Peisey/les Arcs

so January and February a bit sparse!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back to L'Espace Killy January 2nd. Eldest son has extended school Christmas holiday so we can get a week in after the new year crowds have thinned out. First time back in the mountains after my last ski week ended in style with a broken left fibula at the bottom of Santons (hides head in shame) Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
meribel 2nd of jan, cant wait new boots after four years of my nordicas!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bogusman wrote:
First time back in the mountains after my last ski week ended in style with a broken left fibula at the bottom of Santons (hides head in shame) Embarassed Embarassed

Don't feel Embarassed , that run is truly horrid! I did it a couple of years ago (once was enough!) & felt myself lucky to escape with my limbs intact... I much prefer La Face!

As regards the plans for the season, so far it is Tignes 12th to 19th December, LDA 9th to 16th January... & then we shall see... Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Somewhere 2nd Jan - prob France, 6 days - late TO chalet deal

Espace Killy 6th Feb, 8 days

St Anton 20th March, 6 days

Maybe a weekend somewhere small - Switz or Austria - somewhere high, steep and uncrowded.

No North America trip this year methinks, although BA miles are burning a hole in something.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Serre Chevalier 23rd Jan.

Hoping to get another week in before April - maybe the end of season bash!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Montalbert for the season (dec to May 1st) with a trip to Big White and Whistler in March
latest report
We are planning on going to Les Orres, if we can still book it.
Dentist Visalia | Dental Salinas
snow report
Can't wait . Les Houches on the 2nd until the 7th of January , Les Coches on the 6th of March till the 13th a and a late season trip to Meribel-Motterat from the 4th of April , and when the snow arrives up here most weekends at Cairngorm.
snow conditions
MazDave, Snap!! Dave - didn't we talk last year and you stayed a bit further down nearer to the old village? Glad you're coming to the Village de Lessy. We'll be there at Christmas too so maybe we will get to meet after all. The accommodation is lovely and in a very good location. The only thing I would say is that the lift system can take a bit of getting used to at first. Basically, there is a choice of 2 lifts next to each other - the red labelled one will take you the quickest way up and down through each chalet and then the other lift - as well as going directly through each chalet, also stops at each floor. Therefore, if you are staying in one of the lower chalets and wanted to get up to the swimming pool area it's better to go for the red lifts! It can seem a bit like a maze at first and as the lifts are internal you can't see how far up or down you are - but you soon get used to it.
I hope you have a great time - we are really looking forward to it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Kirchdorf on 9th of January - 6 weeks 2 days, 23 hours 36 minutes Happy
snow conditions
The only fixed dates are various long weekends ski touring in Jan and and March.
Local resort 1hr away is offering a season ticket for night skiing which I considering. Might do St Anton again for a week or long weekend. Other than that I will take leave on Powderdays and ski/tour the weekends. snowHead
snow report
Alpe d'Huez: 30th Jan - 6th Feb with friends

LDA: 20-27th March

Oh, and ChillFactore next Saturday snowHead
ski holidays
DB, sorry this is a bit OT ..... not sure where you are in Austria, but are there any good day tours you would recommend within, say, an hour's drive of Flachau? I often visit friends in the Pongau and always interested to hear of good day tours.

everyone else, in Chamonix 23/12 - 28/12, then Tignes 28/12/ to 03/01. St Gervais 20/1 - 24/1. Further trips TBC.
ski holidays
Obergurgl for Christmas (with the family). Then Canazei (Italian Dolomites) 3rd week of Jan - coaching for our local ski club. Then two weeks at easter: Dolomites with MountainSun (family), then Saalbach (coaching again).

Still thinking about heading out to Bormio at Feb half term for the races - but nothing sorted yet.
snow report
Hemel.
ski holidays
same places as on the previous 2 where am I skiing this year threads.
ski holidays
zammo wrote:
DB, sorry this is a bit OT ..... not sure where you are in Austria, but are there any good day tours you would recommend within, say, an hour's drive of Flachau? I often visit friends in the Pongau and always interested to hear of good day tours.

I normally go ski touring with a group of Austrians and they generally pick out the tours from the internet or from tour books.

http://www.aod.at/oesterreich/index,urlaubsthema__skitouren,suche__skitouren,bundesland__salzburg.html

http://www.amazon.de/s/qid=1259142746/ref=sr_st?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&keywords=schitouren+salzburg&rs=186606&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aschitouren+salzburg%2Ci%3Astripbooks%2Cn%3A186606%2Cn%3A%21541686&sort=reviewrank_authority&tag=amz07b-21

http://www.amazon.de/Skitouren-um-Salzburg-Clemens-Hutter/dp/370250317X?tag=amz07b-21

The local Alpenverein also offer guided ski tours for a small fee.
http://www.alpenverein-salzburg.at/

Full avalanche equipment and a proper map are a must, a gps is also sometimes usefull.
latest report
As many weekends as possible at Cairngorm, probably some evenings and weekends at the Clash and probably some local xc when we get some low level snow. May well take some time off midweek if conditions are good, and may head to The Lecht or Glenshee for variety.
Oh and a week at halfterm at some small resort in France called Val Thoren wink
snow report
10th Jan Soldeu
23rd Jan Kaprun

Rest of season, dunno. Fingers crossed for something, but I'm not holding my breath.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
12 days in Tignes in Jan, 3 days in Les Coches in Feb, both with MountainSun.

Will go somewhere in March, but not sure where yet. We have always gone to Andorra at the end of March, might try one of the French or Spanish Pyrenees resorts.
snow conditions
SkiWelt 18th December - Come on snow, you know you want to!

SuperDevoluy 12th February - Group of 25!!

Somewhere in March Very Happy
ski holidays
Jan 16th - LDA
March - Verbiers

gav_in59, Been to la Rosiere twice. I'm not much of a night owl when skiing, so can't comment on the late night apres ski but there are (or at least were when i last visited a few years ago) some decent "happy hour" places where beers/vin chaud were just 1 euro 50.
latest report
Butterfly wrote:
Alpe d'Huez: 30th Jan - 6th Feb with friends

Im in D'huez the very same week.

Staying in the Altiport area.
snow conditions
7-10 january courchevel 1650
7-14 march val d'isere
ski holidays
Chamonix / Aregentiere - January 14th to January 19th
Winter Park, Steamboat, A-Basin - Feb 17th to Feb 27th
Tignes / Val D'Isere - March 11th to March 15th

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
25th November Xscape Braehead to watch boabski junior in school ski champs Very Happy
2nd Jan to 9th - Kappl with family Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
27th Feb to 6th March - St Anton with the lads Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Maybe a week early feb at Cairngorm depending on the weather and 1st week of march in Wengen
latest report
Selva Val Gardena 16th January. Can't wait. Hoping for snow like last year ...
snow conditions
L2A all season Very Happy
Already here Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Still sorting a Christmas trip to either Tignes, Les Arcs, Serre Chevalier.

Later in the season TBD on return from Christmas, but maybe more Tignes (am I addicted to the place?)

Toofy Grin
latest report
Already been to Tignes for 3 days last month

12 Dec, Myerhoffen
10th Jan, Les Deux Alps
14th March, San Cassiano, Dolomites

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy