Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Watches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have a good skiing watch?

I know there are the Suunto S-Lander and X-Lander but these are enormous and unless you've got trunks for arms then they are not ideal

Anyone use anything else that has following features:

- altimeter
- ski run count
- barometer
- compass

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatmansan, I've got a Suunto Altimax and whilst its still larger than the ordinary day-to-day watch I normally wear its not so large as to be unweildy and its quite light. I think its smaller than the S and X landers (and a good bit cheaper too) and only seems to lack a compass out of your list above which aint been a problem for me so far
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatmansan, hubby has a Suunto Vector, not that large, but bigger than your average watch.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was just planning on using my phone. Doesn't have a barometer, but does have GPS, and will log my day's activities.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The new Garmin Foretrex 401 is a wrist-mounted, full-blown GPS and it will log all your runs so you can download them later. Best price around £147.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=30026&ra=true
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Garmin Forerunner series are much smaller than the other Garmin shown above. I have a Forerunner 305 which I am pretty happy with

More up to date versions now available - the https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=27335&ra=true is probably the daddy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a really good Swatch. It tells the time. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've a Nike one which has those facilities and wasn't very expensive. Not sure whether it's still made, worth looking on ebay.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use a Suunto Observer Titanium. Use it as an everyday watch, it's normal size and very light. Does Altimeter, Compass, Barometer, Temperature, Stopwatch, Waterproof, even tells the time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a Suunto Vector and wear it everyday as my main watch. I just use to tell the time with though. It's got good functions but I don't *often* need them, but I was on a ski lift once with my instructor who had exactly the same watch and I felt like my skiing came on a treat!

They are good watches in every way but yes, a little larger than an average watch. They are actually branded as wrist top computers!!

If you're in a boring meeting calculating the baro pressure or the altitude can make the time go quicker too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers all for the replies.
i won't be in many meetings from Monday as taking 5 months off to go skiing - hence the question but it's a useful reminder when i crash back into the real world next year.

ta
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
I've got a really good Swatch. It tells the time. Toofy Grin
and I used to be able to load my season pass onto it, however they have stopped that now Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nike. I had the original of the Lance. Knocked spots off the Suunto as incredibly intuitive and durable. Went everywhere even to 23,000' and down to 30m. Not as thick or big so good for every day watch. I cannot rave about it enough. Did not replace it after nearly 10 years when strap broke and Nike refused to repair it as someone gave me a new Garmin Forerunner. It will probably last 18 months then it's back to Nike. I have a Suunto X1 but find it confusing and hate having to recharge it. http://www.4-watches.com/nike/outdoor.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatmansan,
Quote:

cheers all for the replies.
i won't be in many meetings from Monday as taking 5 months off to go skiing - hence the question but it's a useful reminder when i crash back into the real world next year.

ta

Well you deserve to have the biggest heaviest watch that man and money can buy Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
looks like plenty of Suunto Core's on ebay from the USA for about £135, has anyone bought from an ebay seller in the US?? Would the guarantee still be valid?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy