Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm Skis- Reviews and further snowheads test events in the pipeline

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All.

Thank you to the many people that again came to test equipment at Hemel on 24/11/09 as part of the 'inside out session' with Rob and Scott.

It was very pleasing to see the equipment being tested by so many of you enthusiastic Snowheads and as ever the feedback will be taken on board to keep improving the equipment.

Hopefully all questions that people may have had will have been answered already, but if there are any further questions please feel free to contact us or give your feedback on here so that people who maybe didn't get a chance to test everything can get a more rounded and informed view from you.

Just to let you know also that, further test events are in the pipeline together with Snowheads. A loose indication about the dates is as follows

- Possible test event in Manchester in Jan although numbers might prohibit the running of this unless there is real
interest!
- 5th June, this is a loose date for a Manchester Snowheads event, followed by one the following weekend at Hemel on the 12th.

- There is also a possibility of a test event in Val Thorens on the 24th April.

Please Note! These dates are not fully confirmed as yet and are subject to change , but Graham (snowheads Admin) will undoubtedly confirm as soon as he is able to do so, in order to allow you all to plan to get down to any of the venues mentioned Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks cdmogulski, it was great to see you and some of your lovely shiny skis - especially bearing in mind the traffic you had to endure on the M1 to get to us! I hope it was an easier journey home for you.

Of the 3 different skis you brought, the Rage, Inferno and Blaze I really liked the Inferno as I think quite a few of us did - they were fun Very Happy Very Happy I was surprised the difference between them and the Blaze, especially as I thought I'd be more suited to the Blaze, being a lighter ski more designed for women. But I didn't particularly take to the Blaze. I think the Rage showed up my faults too much Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, Just had a look at them and they dont make them for little folks rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cdmogulski, Hi Chris, thanks for letting me try some even though I wasn't part of the 'official' group.
Only got a quick try on the Rage & Inferno due to time constraints.

I was surprised, would never of thought of a twintip park oriented ski for me, but I really liked the Rage it was very light, stable, held an edge very well and was very controlable Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley .

The Inferno, only got a couple of runs, I thought this would be the one I liked, but found it a bit too edgy and fierce. Probably due to my lack of skill and finesse rather than the ski rolling eyes

Need to try them for longer though.......

Edit: due to crup spelink & grandma
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cdmogulski, Thanks for the loan of the skis and related discussion yesterday Very Happy I liked the Blaze better than last time I tried them (hopefully due to my skiing having improved a little in the meantime!) but to my surprise, especially as it is a stiffer ski, I liked the Inferno even more. It felt stable but lively and responded well to slightly more assertive skiing. As cathy, said, it was fun.

I also got on much better with the Rage than I expected. I found it quite manoeuvrable and easy to control but I don't think it's ideally suited to the type of skiing I'm likely to be doing at the moment.

Thanks again, and looking forward to testing some more skis in the future snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cdmogulski, thanks so much for bringing your skis for us to try last Monday Very Happy Sorry this response is so late - I'm afraid I've been (unexpectedly) many miles away from my computer for most of the last week...

Well, I enjoyed all of the skis much more than the last time I tried them Toofy Grin I don't mean that to sound bad - I was tired when I last tested them, & therefore lazy, & they do repay effort, & are rather unforgiving of casual skiddiness, which is no bad thing!

My least favourite was the Blaze (155). Although I did manage to get it to work for me quite well (Rob suggested the one-leg drills, & I got a much better feel for the ski after that) I never felt that it was solid & stiff enough really. I just didn't get the feeling of stability that I'd want on a real mountain.

Next, the Inferno (155). Much nicer than the Blaze - stiffer & more stable. Enjoyed skiing these a lot Toofy Grin I'm not actually after a dedicated piste ski, but if I was, these would be a consideration. I did find them much easier in the short-radius turns than in longer ones - they were so easy to get on edge, but once you got them going on a long-radius turn, it felt quite hard work to get them out of the turn. They really were grippy! Which is again no bad thing... just saying...

And then, the Rage (174). Star of the show, for me Very Happy I just felt absolutely confident on them - they turned beautifully in both short & long radius, they did exactly what I wanted & where I wanted them to do it from the first run onwards... Oh, they were very nice indeed! Now, I'm not saying I looked good on them (given that I was bouncing off chopped-up lumps of snow & saying, 'Whee!', I'm guessing I didn't) but I was certainly happy snowHead Loved these skis! In fact, I almost had to be prised away from them at the end of the session...
(I keep telling myself, I don't need more skis... but then again... hmm)

So, thanks again for the opportunity of testing some fun skis, & I shall look forward to doing it again in the future snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andy David at Storm Skis has expanded their lineup to 12 models to cover nearly any market segment in 2010-2011, including the introduction of an early-rise tip/tail spatula/pintail powder ski ("Twisted Sista"). Andy sent their new catalog to us. Click HERE to view the new Storm Skis catalog (11mb PDF). They continue their woodcore, sandwich construction throughout the lineup. We tested a couple models (Dev Pro, Rage, Inferno) of their skis last season. They will be at ISPO and SIA for 2010.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy