Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, how can I get my money back??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I ordered some of last seasons skis online from a company in France as it was the only place I could find them. The description and picture were of the skis I wanted but the ones that arrived were completely different.

I rang up and they said to send them back and send a reciept of the return postage cost and when they recieved them they'd refund me. I recieved the refund for the skis but not the postage I paid initially or the cost for return.

When I rang up I was asked to email a scan of the reciept, a week later, no reply, I rang again and they said they'd given me the wrong email address and so I tried the new one, no reply. I asked a french collegue to ring up and they apologised and said I'd have the money in a week. Then I got an email saying they couldn't open the email receipt attacment which was just a jpg?? could I fax it? I faxed it, same story, given a new fax number to try and told they'd confirm reciept or failure of fax, no reply. Mad

They're quite obviously taking the mickey in the knowledge that I can't visit the shop to sort it out.

Does anyone know if distance selling regs apply to europe as well? It doesn't seem right to have to fork out to ship a product you didn't order accross Europe!

I have got an email where they state once they have the reciept they 'hope to be able to reimburse you the full amount'

Any had any similar european shopping calamities with advice on what to do? If I write to head office will I just get the same 'help'?

I wouldn't mind if it was around £20 but I'm down around £70 so would like to get something sorted.

I'd imagine a legal route would end in more fees than refund?

Thanks for any help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you pay by creditcard?

If so, hassle them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Similar problem here! Lesson learned. I won`t be shopping with them (I. Sport) again . Poor customer service = loss of business

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 23-11-09 21:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
properjob, promise your French colleague champagne and unobtainable delicacies and ask him/her to do it for you. They are pissing you about because they can.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try here http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/redress_cons/index_en.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I've tried the credit card route but they said they can't claim back postage costs. The return postage was paid to parcelforce not the shop so there's no case there.

It's a shame I can't leave negative feedback like ebay. Yeah I certainly won't buy from them or abroad again but the loss of one english customer is no big deal to them. Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
needles, Looks handy thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
properjob, Tell them you are posting about your experience on every ski forum you can. Also tell them that you are NOT advocating activists to fire bomb their business premises. Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Isn't the "postage you paid initially" by credit card (and probably as part of one single charge)?

If so, the least you could do is to make the arguement the credit refund should be the ENTIRE charge, not minus the shipping. Provide e-mail from shop acknowledge the refund of shipping. You'll get half of your shipping cost back.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I find credit card companies are powerless and spineless when push comes to shove (only exception is Amex). I have had two disputes recently and both times they didn't want to know - both cases where I bought goods for the company (on a company Visa) over t'internet and the delivered goods were not of satisfactory quality or not what was described. These were smallish amounts, under £100 each time and each time the suppliers have taken the opposite view to me. Deadlock. It all comes down to buyer beware. There's no point taking legal action, no point writing any more angry emails, no point threatening outing them on forums because nobody outside of our transaction cares a hoot. Most of the time folks, credit card companies will DO NOTHING. No, the only answer is to go in with eyes wide open, take the discounts and take the knocks. It probably all evens out in the end.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, The credit card companies only have any legal liability where the transaction amount is over £100, so mnay of them are just not interested if the amount is less thn that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
properjob,

what company was it??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How much is the amount you're wanting to claim back for the postage ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you need to return anything, always use the company's own courier account. They can mail you details and you take it down and fill in the tags with their account details so nothing needs to be paid.

You can then get your card company to do a 'claw back' if the full refund doesn't appear.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The company is Espace Montagne and it cost 19.99 euros to post to me and the cheapest I could send them back for was £62.49 as the bindings were in a separate package.

I did intend to use their courier but the language barrier on the phone left it going in circles so I thought getting a refund for the skis and fingers crossed they'd keep their word on the postage cost was the best action.

I've sent a query to the ECC but they say they try and answer within 14 days, so it's going to be a wait if I get anything at all.
latest report
You mean this company? http://www.espacemontagne.com/

Perhaps not much help but why dont you send them an email with a link to this Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Yes and post on another dozen websites etc etc etc.

And see if they are listed on Amazon, Ebay etc etc etc

Also you can write a review and post on various sites.

But first you email them to say that is what you will do if it is not sorted out.

AND if I'm not mistaken, they are in breach of coptwrite by using the image of the chap in green on their website. And sometimes people have their home phone numbers listed when they register a domain.

I was hastled by a free kitchen/holiday scam company once.... They would phone me all the time until I said.... Ohh you mean Steven XXXX who lives at 24 XXX rd and who's home phone number is 0141 XXX XXXX. Well stop phoneing me or I'll call him every night at 3AM. I was a night shift taxi driver then and was anoyed at the calls I was getting during the day.

Ahem whois for them says they ar eowned by Sport2000.fr.

Domain name: espacemontagne.com

Registrant:
SPORT 2000 FRANCE S.A.
MARC AIMONINO
ROUTE D'OLLAINVILLE
EGLY, 91520
FR
+33.645164188
v.claisse@sport2000.fr

Administrative Contact:
SPORT 2000 FRANCE S.A.
MARC AIMONINO
ROUTE D'OLLAINVILLE
EGLY, 91520
FR
+33.645164188
v.claisse@sport2000.fr

Technical Contact:
Sport 2000 France
Castelli Bruno
Route d'Ollainville
Egly, 91520
FR
+33.169262049
b.castelli@sport2000.fr

Billing Contact:
SPORT 2000 FRANCE S.A.
MARC AIMONINO

Cheers
Bob
latest report
glasgowcyclops wrote:

AND if I'm not mistaken, they are in breach of coptwrite by using the image of the chap in green on their website.

We have no way of knowing whether they have paid a licence fee to use that image, or even had it supplied to them for free by the copyright owner.
latest report
glasgowcyclops, Thanks for the contact info,

I sent an email last night explaining what had happend to one of the above bosses. I wasn't expecting a reply as I used an online translation computer which probably didn't translate as accurately as a human! Anyhow, I got an email first thing this morning saying he'll look in to it personnaly and I should hear from the customer service department very soon!

Hopefully it will work out and if I get my money back I'll recommend them for business (provided you make a note of they're owners contact details!)

Thanks for everyones help, I'll keep you posted.
latest report
properjob wrote:
.....I did intend to use their courier but the language barrier on the phone left it going in circles .....

Deal with a company that can handle business in English, unless you are fluent in theirs.
latest report
It's been a while but just to update, the situation is pretty similar.

They refunded the initial €19.99 and said they'd refund the £62 at the same time. When the £62 didn't come, I emailed the boss again and the cutomer service deptment emailed asking for account details to send it to. As of yet still nothing despite 2 emails and about a month.

So in summery, they're lying b Evil or Very Mad st Evil or Very Mad ds and I needed a moan.
snow report
properjob, where abouts is the place?
ski holidays
They're based in Grenoble and I'm in PDS and have no access to a car. Think they've got away with it. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy