Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have I got the right size snow board??? :~/

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been skiing for years, although you wouldn't think it if you saw me ski, I'm okish most of the time, until I hit some ice then I go to bits Sad However this season I thought I might try a snowboard (and cos I found some great DC boots in TK Max, womans logic). So I looked a bit on ebay and got a k2 snowboard 153cm (I know nothing!!!) quite cheap. I am 5'2" have I made a mistake???? should I stick to skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noble, sorry, but i think you've got a board that's way too long for you. check here or here for info on how to go about deciding which length board to buy.

it basically depends on height, weight and ability. another important factor to take into account is the kind of riding you'll be doing on the board. i suggest you do a taster lesson at one of the domes or a dry slope to decide whether you actually wanna do snowboarding or you wanna stick to skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok, may be it should go back on ebay or my kids can have it (they are big kids) dam I liked those boots! Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
noble, Laughing Laughing Laughing women's logic indeed. (btw, i actually hated my boots to start with cos they've got pink and fluffy bits on them. i grudgingly got them anyways cos they fitted the best, and now i am loathe to think about when i will have to eventually get another pair. rolling eyes )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
noble, Mrs cad99uk is 5'3" and rides a 149cm board very well.

I would give that board a go. Make sure you do not have your bindings too far apart.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The question should not be is it the correct length but is it the correct width? So many snowboarders forget this. 1cm wider or narrower will make as much difference as 5cm of length. Tell us your shoe size and the waist width.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoe size 4.5 (and my waist (too big) about 30") or was it the waist of the board??? am I being a dumb blonde? Embarassed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eh yeh the waist of the Board! Measure across the width of the board in the middle where it is narrowest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy