Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I have to confess...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apart from Les Carroz (where my friends own a chalet) and Tignes (where we go back to the Ski and Board Camp every year), I tend to say to myself that I would rather not go back to a resort I've been to before because the world is wide and there are so many ski resorts I have yet to try.

So I've been very bad. Having considered the Planibel Apartments in La Thuile, a half board hotel in Lauterbrunnen and Baita Antlia Apartments in Arabba, I've decided to go back to Arabba (not having visited La Thuile or Lauterbrunnen before). The reasoning behind this is that we fell in love with Arabba in March 08, particular Portavescovo and Marmolada, and having discussed Arabba on another thread I had to admit that it's one of the few places I really want to go back to in preference to visiting another part of the world. BTW, this is despite having visited Banff, Canada last year.

Having just booked our trip, have I just been incredibly brave or incredibly stupid? I'm not too sure whether to feel like I've made a great decision or whether I've been a bit of an idiot.

Having discovered skiing five years ago, we haven't had a summer holiday since and our skiing holidays (apart from a short weekend break or so) are our main holidays each year. You've gotta love snow snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowshine, from what little I know of Arabba, Lauterbrunnen and La Thuile you made a great decision. snowHead Have fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can understand. The Dolomites are stunning, I even went there in summer and it was still incredible. Mind you, having been to the Jungfrau twice last season, and as a sad Geography teacher with a serious addiction to outstanding natural beauty (and the worlds deepest U shaped valley) Lauterbrunnen would be somewhere I could go back to on many occasions. I've also skied into La Thuile and considered the Planibel, so ... given your menu of choices, you would be forgiven for choosing the known, but your unknown resorts would probably impress! Enjoy snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowshine, Good decision!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all! Really miss the Dolomites so can't wait to go back.

pitchski, have certainly not forgotten about Lauterbrunnen or La Thuile and will continue to consider both for future trips. Was a little put off by a few reviews of Planibel that it looked like a council estate and the skiing in Lauterbrunnen (not the linked Jungfrau area) being less than challenging but I'm hoping to be convinced on at least one of the two for a future trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The more different places you've been, the more they feel the same.

At some point, you've got to find a couple that stand out TO YOU.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We go through this for every trip. "Should we go back there? Should we try somewhere new? Maybe we are missing out.... etc etc" - For me - if it has got a big pointy bit at the top, it is mostly white and I enjoy being there, then there is no question. Do what makes you feel good. You can't ever hope to ski every resort in the world, and some of them are probably terrible, so if you have a good one, why not go back and appreciate it again Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowshine, friends of ours used to do a lad's trip to the Jungfrau every year - they stayed at Lauterbrunnen but only because it was far cheaper. They travelled up to ski the main area and they said if cost was no object they'd have stayed in Wengen or Murren.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowshine, Arabba is a good choice I am back there for the four year in a row. You should also try and ski the Jungfrau region one year staying in Wengen, Lauterbrunnen is cheaper but has no ski slopes and is mostly in the shade during some winter months.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowshine, I've faced a similar dilemma to you, I've had a soft spot for the Dolomites since I learnt to ski in Selva, it's the combination of scenery, ambience, good food, value for money and sense of travelling on skis that keeps drawing me back. I even chose an Italianized username for snowHeads in homage to the place.

I've been to various other places in France, Austria, Canada and have always enjoyed my holiday but if I get a chance to go back to the Dolomites I take it.

I probably could be tempted by somewhere in the Jungfrau region as I've never skied Switzerland and I visited the area one summer as a kid, the scenery is spectacular.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, really was a spur of the moment decision to go ahead and book the trip to Arabba and I'm really feeling good about it now, particularly in view of all your encouraging comments above.

And luigi, it was your posting of pokemon's Sella Ronda pics that got me thinking about Arabba so my thanks to you Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i dont have a lot of skiing experience but i think we can all agree that you can get a certain unique type of fun skiing a run that you know well
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy