Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El Tarter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am planing a trip to France on the 9th December so was planning on driving into Andorra for 2 days skiing. Has anyone ever been?
I have only been to the 3 Valleys before. I have been looking at the snow cams and not much coverage yet Sad

Thanks,

Elisa x
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
France is a large place - there are many many ski resorts in the Pyrenees, some in france, some in Andorra and some in Spain. Where are you staying in France? It may be that there's a more appropriate place for you to go to. If by

Quote:

I have only been to the 3 Valleys before.

you mean you've only skiied once then El Tarter may not be the best place - it's part of a huge domain so you may be paying for a lift pas you won't use, a smaller resort such as Arinsal or Pal in Andorra may be better, or one of the local snowheads (In Garbure We Trustm, amongst others) may recommend a nice french resort
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

We are going to Carsasonne and hiring a car with a view to go wherever really. I just thought Andorra would be good for a couple of days. I just like to try different places. My partner has not skiied for a very long time and I thought somewhere like El Tarter may be good for easy runs for him. I have skiied once in Courcheval/3 Valleys area and indoors- I've really got into it Very Happy

Thanks, I appreciate your reply,

e x
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elisa,I'm not sure I would recommend El Tarter as the night life is near nonexistant. From France you will pas through Pas de la Casa and then Soldeu before you arrive at El Tarter. Pas for drinking and partying, Soldeu for a more relaxed night life and El Tarter if your a recluse. They all access the same ski area.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elisa, this map shows you just how many ski resorts there are near yo uin Carcassone

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Ski_Resorts_Near_Toulouse_Map.html

the transfer bus up to Andorra goes right past the entrance rod for Ax-les-thermes, for instance. I can't personally recommend many places round there sorry, I've skiied Pas de la Casa and Soldeu and really enjoyed it, but I know prices have shot up - I've also skiied baqueira beret which was brilliant, but is even further for you
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I have had a look a quite a few (from that website- thanks nbt). All the snow cams look pretty depressing at the moment Sad
Will prob cancel el tarter but keep looking to see if the snow arrives.

Elisa x
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow has arrived today!!! As other posts have said, you'll hit Pas de la Casa and Soldeu before you get to El Tarter and you'd access the same area. You'll find a better selection of accommodation in Soldeu too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy Toofy Grin Little Angel NehNeh Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Of the 3 I'd pass through Pas unless the desire to party is greater than the desire to ski. Unless you are happy on a crowded red in Pas you won't get out of the village. As mentioned, El Tarter is a bit too quiet, though the slopes are fine for beginners. Soldeu sits between these two, and strikes a happy balance of good apres ski and excellent access to the ski terrain. It has a fab area at the top of the telecabine for getting your ski legs on, and also access to plenty of runs for skiers of all abilities.

There's lot of accommodation there at the moment. For years you couldn't buy a place for love or money and then the Andorrans went a little bit mad and built what seem like millions of apartments, many of which can be rented weekly. Try Soldeu Paradis or Promocion l'Entradafor self catering places. Probably the cheapest hotel in town is the Bruxelles, and it has some of the best food too. You can tuck into a very tasty lunchtime sandwich in the restaurant overlooking the Avet return to village and be entertained by twitty skiers and boarders (but usually boarders!) bite off more than they can chew.

PS often the webcams lower down don't give an accurate view of the slopes. The best webcam to see what the conditions on top are really like iss the Grau Roig cam.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy