Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All of the glaciers in the Alps may disappear by 2080

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A computer model of Austria's Pasterze glacier, whose length and volume are measured by a Nasa satellite, predicts that within 75yrs there may be no glaciers left at all in the alps. As if that wasn't bad enough, as they decay and melt, a risk has been identified of 'Mountain Tsunamis' resulting from huge lakes of melt water built up behind the glaciers...

The phenomenon was only recognised last October in France's Savoie region when a huge lake, five hectares across and 25m deep, formed at the back of the Rochemelon glacier at an altitude of 3218m.

Read more.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Rochemelon meltdown as reported on snowHeads last October
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:

The phenomenon was only recognised last October in France's Savoie region when a huge lake, five hectares across and 25m deep, formed at the back of the Rochemelon glacier at an altitude of 3218m.

I think they have misunderstood M. Vincent, the effect of glacial lakes causing floods is well known. 200 people were killed in St Gervais in 1892 by just such a flood. The glaciers have been retreating since the end of the little ice age in 1850 so this is not a new problem. I think there was a flood killing some 5000 people in Peru a few years back.

http://www.pistehors.com/comments/A361_0_1_0_C
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glaciers come and glaciers go - such is the way of the world.
I think many people think the earth's climate has been the same since the dawn of time, that the polar ice-caps have always been there, and T-Rex was skiing in Gstaad 65 million years ago.
All of these ideas are wrong.
The earth's climate has gone through wild changes (Ref 1.).
The polar ice-caps are a recent phenomena (Ref 2.).
T-Rex was a useless skier. (Ref 3.).

Anyone wanting to know more about The Little Ice Age might like to read this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, The only reason that T-Rex was a useless skier is that someone gave him crosscountry skis when his stance is obviously that of a downhill racer or even a ski jumper wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim wrote:
Glaciers come and glaciers go - such is the way of the world.
I think many people think the earth's climate has been the same since the dawn of time, that the polar ice-caps have always been there, and T-Rex was skiing in Gstaad 65 million years ago.
All of these ideas are wrong.
The earth's climate has gone through wild changes (Ref 1.).
The polar ice-caps are a recent phenomena (Ref 2.).
T-Rex was a useless skier. (Ref 3.).

Anyone wanting to know more about The Little Ice Age might like to read this.

More here...(all over the site there are references to it).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy