Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In Need of Opinions for Relatively Cheap, Park Ski's + Bindings!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, basically i'm interested in buying some skis, but I dont have a lot of money at the moment, so cheaper ski's will be my primary target as well as bindings. I'll be using these for 90% park and once in a while i'll be going to the mountains but that wont happen too often so i'm looking for a park orientated ski. I was looking into a earlier version of the K2 Extreme ski's, possible 09 because i could not find any 08's that had a price drop compared to the 09's, aswell as I heard all they did was change the image/colors on the 09. But, I've gotten some mixed reviews. Are there any other types of ski's that are either, better and relatively same price or cheaper and of the same quality? I don't mind what brand it is either.

price budget: Hopefully under 400$ USD for the Ski's + Bindings.
as there is some 4frnt tnk skis + bindings 09 for 400$, if i cant get something thats cheaper i will most likely get that, or if something better is recommended ofc Wink

I am 5'9 and 185lbs.

ty to anyone who helps !!! Much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads. i've got a few pairs of 160, 170 and 180 Icelantic Danollies that i can sell for £175 a pair.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beautiful Lie, I have the K2 extreme 08. Love them. If you can still find them, it may be worth looking for the K2 public enemy, it is basically the K2 extreme with different graphics and slightly less tough topsheet but you should be able to get some bargains.

kiwi1, without bindings I'm assuming?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if your going to get a k2 then make it the silencer, the extreme is a bit heavier & burlier (not much tho) and you can get them for about €190-220 with bindings from sport conrad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anotherproblem, yup
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geeo, I haven't tried the silencer but I would hardly call the extreme a heavy or burly ski by any measure
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, drop me a pm with some details? wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

geeo, I haven't tried the silencer but I would hardly call the extreme a heavy or burly ski by any measure

neither would i, but as i said it is heavier & burlier than the silencer, didn't the bit in brackets also state my sentiments rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd go with the Da'Nollie's, great park/piste jib model! One of my favorites...erm actually no...my favourite, at the '09 ski test in Saalbach, only equalled be the Big Trouble for fun factor!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy