Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Peaks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have anyone been here? Looking for some info on the place. Looks really a good place to go and one of the few true in/out skiing places across the pond. Any info about the length of season etc would also be handy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi SteveG, we have had discussion on Sun Peaks before at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=56908&highlight=sun+peaks#56908

I think Basoid is our resident expert snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy Coins, thanks for that, I did look, but must have missed it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SteveG
Not stayed there to ski but did stay a few years back on a driving holiday in late Sept
was a really nice place, the small Italian restaurant in the centre is very good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In terms of ski in/ski out you'll find that at all the main resorts around the Okanagan valley - that means not just Sun Peaks, but (working North to South) Silver Star, Big White and Apex too. If you are used to European style mega circuits you'll probably find that the size of the area is smaller than you're used to, and might not be enough for a 2 week trip, so a road trip combining several of the resorts in the area is a good option. None of them are more than about 2 hours drive from each other. I haven't actually been up to Sun Peaks since they opened up Mount Morrisey, but before that I'd have said that if you were looking for challenging skiing then there was less there than at Silver Star, or even Apex. Great for cruising groomed runs though, although I didn't feel that there was the same variety to the runs as at some of the other areas. The other thing, coming from Europe, was that the mock Bavarian/Austrian style of the village, perhaps irrationally, put me off a bit as I could have the real thing without travelling that distance for it. Big plus points to the region generally, not just Sun Peaks, is that the snow is drier and lighter than the coastal stuff they get at Whistler, and it's typically significantly less cold than in the Banff area resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been there a few years ago, and a friend has been instructing there for the past two seasons.

When we were there, the skiing was a little on the gentle side, but it's expanded quite a bit recently with the opening of Mount Morrissy - although it is a bit of a drag to get there. The village is mock Austrian.

Two other true in/out skiing places not far away are Silver Star and Big White, where we've just come back from. Reports at http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047 You could easily combine the three (and possibly the much smaller Apex as well) for a great few weeks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy