Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste to Powder anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was reading the posts on the Phil Smith courses with great interest. Last year I took a course with another well known skier named Smith who runs a ski acadamy in Verbier, and whilst he is an excellent coach that particular course did not seem to cater well for mixed ability skiiers, as the Snoworks courses seem to. In our group of 17 there were advanced skiers alongside those who were just starting out. Anyway, Snowheads is a great resource for getting info on all these courses. I'm thinking of using the Piste to Powder guys in St Anton at Easter and would like to hear about anyone's experiences of that, particularly in the balance of skiing to coaching during the week, as I am still keen on developing my technique.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
G-Rock, as far as I know, the Piste to Powder guys concentrate on one day courses rather than week long ones. I took their introduction to off-piste course last year, and found it to be good fun, and very useful, if hard work. Everyone in our group was at the same level, I don't know about any of the higher groups. They gave us all avalanche transcievers, and split shovels and probes between our group. Overall I was very impressed with the standard of tuition, and also their ability to find untracked powder. I would definitely recommend them to others, and will be using them again myself when I next return to St Anton.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy