Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
I am in the market for a new pair of sunglasses this year ....................recommend away ! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oakley Jawbone
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shocked

Puzzled

Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool

There you go!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Adidas evil eye.
Almost as good a goggles.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bump - any others
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe, bought Jawbone's for my bro, feel kinda plasticky/breakable/gimmicky.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe, bought Jawbones for myself (brothers are too tight) and like the interchangeability of the lenses.

They stick on your face at speed and let so little air round the sides that some lenses have ventilation holes in them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are looking for sunglasses that can protect your eyes from lights but it also in fashion, I think you are looking for the Oakley sunglasses. Oakley believes in great protection with the rate quality and in style fashion. Although these are priced high, its quality is the most dependable.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mikhaela20, how's the job at Oakley going?

Smokin Joe, IMHO, there is very little to separate sunnies in the protection area as long as they have UV protection. The rest is down to your own personal taste and depth of pocket.

Regarding the above comment about Oakleys, I've had a mixed history with them. My current pair of squarewires are excellent and seemingly bomb proof, certainly face-plan proof (my nose isn't, but the sunnies are, go figure), but I had a pair of bug eyed jobs a few years ago that the lenses kept falling out of and the arms eventually broke in a face plant. Oh, and most of the line look completely ridiculous away from, and sometimes even on, the slopes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John, did you send them back to Oakley? I've always had very good customer service from them, even years outside of warranty. For example my wife's 5 year old pair, the arms had scratched the lenses. We sent them back to Oakley who said the frames were faulty and have given her a brand new set for £20 delivered!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WOMB CHAIRS

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 21-09-10 9:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chaps - this is an old thread reactivated by mikhaela20, to pimp her non-Snow related signature line
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anniepen, Ah yes so it is. I'll edit mine accordingly.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for Adidas. I use the Shields, they're so light, don't even know I've got them on.

Oakley have gone downhill ever since they were bought out by Luxotica. They're just another brand now, rather than their cutting edge design that they used to have. Sad
ski holidays
I snapped my Shields across the bridge by pulling them off my face just a little clumsily. They were probably less than a year old. Am using cheapo DeWalt safety specs at the moment.
snow conditions
<rant>
Perusing the SnR website I came across Adidas Terrex Pro goggle/sunnies highbred things. Now, I'm as much a gear whore as the next person, and I'm more than willing to pay more for the cool stuff rather than lowest price for basic, but £240 for a pair of what are, basically, stupid looking sunglasses? Jesus wept, they can't be serious? Despite the fact that they have a nose protector (WTF?), how in the name of all that's holy can anyone seriously consider paying that much for those?
(/rant>

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 21-09-10 10:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Am using cheapo DeWalt safety specs at the moment

For crappy light days, is the right answer.....bit snazzy going with De Walt though - get yourself down Samse......and then spend the hundred odd Euros you save on some lessons so you can ski as cool as you think you look.......
ski holidays
Still love all my Oakleys - currently have four different pairs for different occasions. Use my old Oakley Scars for skiing, but would like to get some Flakjackets. I have had other brands and Oakely always come out best in my view. I do a lot of sailing as well, so sunglasses are very important to protect my eyes.
snow report
croskemj wrote:
so sunglasses are very important to protect my eyes.

er, what else would they be protecting? Your bald patch?
ski holidays
Oakley, Oakley or Oakley.
Ski in mine and run in them (Half jackets) at least every week even (esp) in winter when it's bright.
I have black iridium lenses in most of the time and swap for gold polarized for skiing.

Try some styles on down at Sunglasses Hut or somewhere and then have a look here: http://www.steptoes.co.uk/ ("Ehrrold!!!") Smile

EDIT: Just had a closer look and they are closing down "Due to Oakley terminating their dealer agreement" Sad Maybe some deals though.
snow report
The Voice of Reason wrote:
For crappy light days, is the right answer...

Not just for poor light - they are available with clear, reactive and smoke lenses:
+
Quote:
All models offer 99.9% UVA protection
All lenses are hard coated scratch resistant
All glasses meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1+ Standards and EN 166 1F standard
£4.95 exc VAT

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Tools_Power_Index/Dewalt_Safety_Glasses/index.html

And yes, I do prefer to spend money on lessons rather than glasses that break.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 21-09-10 12:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Ahhh!!!! I see! (Not due to my sunglasses though)

This thread is a year old and was bumped by mikhaela20 who is obviously spamming for Oakley stuff. Maybe should learn English first.
latest report
Dr John, your the sharpest tool in the box. You know what I mean when they are important and whatever you use, your eyes are vulnerable to damage and it has to be good quality. I say that as someone that wears my glasses/ or contacts all the time and value my eyes!
snow report
Smith Mogul. http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/gear.tcl?gear=Smith-Optics-Mogul&gear_id=8160&action=showgear

I LOVE mine but of course fit is very personal.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy