Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone there? Been there? Going soon? I am there in just 3 weeks on an absolute punt with the kids :~/ 8-)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, Haven't been but thinking of going in the new year - be very interested in what you think of it - both the skiing and the cost of eating out. Are you going with a TO ? B&B or half board ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did an Easter short-break 3-4 years ago and thought it fantastic. Prob only worth you getting cervinia passes and then upgrading on the day if the links to zermatt are open - kids will love skiing between countries if open - notw it can be silly windy/cold at the top as you're at c. 3800m, and if the weather closes in when you're in ch then you have to take 2x long, slow, cold drags to get back. Red 7 IIRC is a great run all the way down from the top. Upgrades to the lifts out of the village by the nursery slopes have reduced the need to stay by the main bubble. Valtourneche still have drag lifts to get back from, so could be tricky if a boarder.

Enjoy - I'm keen to go back sometime..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is skiing Zermatt on the cheap. Great place to be!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We skied Cervinia one day last year when the links were open - lovely place and much cheaper than Zermatt.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flat, and rubbish. The one reason to go there is to get over to Zermatt.

Basically, go to Zermatt instead.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went to Cervinia as our first ever "not doing ski-school" holiday and it was perfect for that. Plenty of nicely graded blues and the odd red and crimsonish black. The trip to Zermatt - wind permitting - was a wonderful adventure.

It all depends on what level of skiing you want. There are plenty of people who would regard the level of challenge that Cervinia presents as perfect for what they want. Bev points out that the views are superb and the restuarants in the town offer an excellent range of good food at sensisble (by ski resort standards) prices.

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great food (Chalet Etoile Very Happy), great views of the Matterhorn and good piste cruising including the thigh burner from the top all the way down to Valtournenche. For tougher skiing head over to Zermatt.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's very personal. I can see that it is relatively cheap, but the skiing is limited and it can be very cold and windy. If you get good weather and like repeating blues & reds it's fine.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Embarassed Really dumb question this, wasn't it? I've actually been to Cervinia before Embarassed Embarassed

I think I should have posted this in the Snow Reports as what I'm really after is an idea of conditions at present.

Thanks for your comments anyway
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not answering the original question but a comment on what has been posted.
I wouldn't go to ski Zermatt on the cheap the links are affected by high winds and the ime to get there and back restricts skiing time in some of the Zermatt areas. Go to Cervinia to ski Cervinia and have a day or two on the Swiss side. Go to Tasch to ski Zermatt at a cheaper price.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It'll be great - the kids will love it. Loads of 'motorway' runs. Oodles of snow, cheap prices (by European ski resort standards). Great for low intermediates and improvers. Boarders & Snowhead off-piste monkeys won't rate this place but it'll deffo be great if you're with the family.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
>>Boarders & Snowhead off-piste monkeys won't rate this place

not true if they know what they're talking about Razz

there is plenty of good off-piste to be had, a couple of tucked away tree runs, and a very good park
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I haven't been yet but it's 'on my list'. Sounds like my kind of resort.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just returned from Cervinia yesterday.
Very icy streets, making getting to and from the hotel & restaurants more dangerous than the slopes. Weather was very cold all week never going above -3c, generally -9c in the town most of the day, but this was anticipated. Quite unexpected was the walk from the drop off point to the hotel, fortunately only around 200m in my case. All the same, with two bags and skis, a bit of a trick on the icy cobbles.
Stayed in Hotel Des Guides, full of character, rooms compact but warm and lots of hot water with power shower (sort of) pressure. Breakfast very basic, staff helpful, when present. Bar popular with locals, nightclub in basement (not that you would ever hear it) Hotel ideally located for Cretaz chairlift around 100m away and even closer to ski pass office.
Lifts, generally quite long as are the pistes. Being so high, little vegetation. Quite a lot of flat light last week. Cervinia ski area quite vast and open to elements. Pleasant runs to Valtournenche where runs are tree lined.
Zermatt more challenging, sheltered and a larger range of skiing. The route to Zermatt is very exposed and the connecting pistes of 'motorway' type of biblical proportions. The trains in Zermatt are punctual, clean and pleasant.
In both areas there are a good amount of eating venues within the skiing areas.
Pistes were on most evenings groomed. There are some managed off piste areas and off course more off piste than you can shake a stick at.
In Cervinia a good range of restaurants and a few bars exist. A large beer = £5, pizza and Lasagne from £9, steak £22 ish.
Some stunning scenery and the amount of gondolas and cable cars makes getting about for those who do not ski board blade etc easy.
I hope this helps anyone considering a trip.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy