Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pet hates on the piste

Poster: A snowHead
We all have them what's yours?

Mine is half term hoorays braying on their walkie talkies so loudly anyone within a mile or so can hear them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Other people...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And my pet hates cold paws on the piste...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dog shoite Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yellow snow
Dog Turds on the piste ( Have you ever ski'd through one )
Fag butts
ladies' front bottoms who light an oily rag on the chairlift next to me
Rude people who push in in lift queues ( specially French Boarders ) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, not loving my "aren't walkie talkies brilliant fun" thread then Crying or Very sad. Also I never go skiing in half term! Toofy Grin

For what it's worth, I find snow boarders often like to sit just over the crest of nice rollers right in the middle of the piste. One person on their own would probably be alright but when they are 3 or 4 wide rolling a fag, it can be quite irksome.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Groups of boarders, who block the entrance to a piste, by all sitting in a line at the top.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Groups of skiers who block the entrance to a piste by all standing in a line at the top.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiers clicking their poles before they set off (for 10 metres, then they stop and regroup)
Snowboarders, bladers, skiers, sledges. Actually anyone who isnt me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Again it's groups of boarders sitting in a wee dip in the piste that you can't see until you've skied over them! Evil or Very Mad Just move to the side!

Apart from that nothing much bothers me, not the walkie-talkie mob (probably because I'm one of them Blush ) or even the french people thinking their taking the mick out of non-french speaking tourists.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Telemarkers, skiing in line, deciding to come from behind me and trun right across the front of me
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
People getting off a chairlift who have to sort out the straps on their poles before getting out of way, and possibly have a nice chat about where to go next.

When someone at the gate in a busy chairlift queue in front of me just stands there, doesn't get on the damned chair, because they have to wait for their very bestest friends, without whom they cannot contemplate a five minute ride and doesn't stand aside to let anyone else on either.

Yobs who deliberately drop snow (or worse) onto the heads of people below.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fag Butts !! awful and not needed.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
People who, for one reason or another, make me ashamed to be British.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Mother Nature is a yob?
snow report
Queues at chairlifts
ski holidays
Anyone hiding over the brow of a slope, especially in the middle. Boarders are bad offenders, made worse by the fact that they tend to sit when resting.

hyweljenkins, +1

People who don't move forward in lift queues

People who let chairs go empty because they're not all ready.

People who leave empty seats on lifts

Anyone who looks or sounds like a merchant banker.

And their wives, with penetrating, whiney nasal voices.

And their nannies. Not their fault, but guilty by association I suppose.

Give me time, there'll be more... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
People who don't realise that standing on the back of my skis won't make the lift queue move any faster!
latest report
Can't say I've experienced many of these things and by reading this I feel increasingly sorry for people who have to take their ski holidays at peak times.
snow report
In Courchevel this year down in La Praz there was a group of 20 yr old lads who were aiming and chucking snowballs through open bubble car lift windows (from the ground). It was amazingly tricky to time it right. I was really impressed. If a snowball had landed through my window I would have found it a right laugh. Some might think they were yobs.
snow report
Middle aged women in the (small) line ahead of you that refuse to go up one by one taking the ski-schoolers up with them and instead try and wait for the ski school kids to go up on their own.

grrrrr.....

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 13-11-09 12:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Idiots who think they can keep up with the locals on mountain roads and then have to brake heavily to get around each hairpin bend, why do they never learn Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Gosh, you lot are angry. Do a bit of yoga or something. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Lift ticket office staff who pretend they don't understand your French and then go off in a huff to find the one who's paid extra to speak English Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
people that should know better and ski better/faster that cut up my gf who's turning perfectly safely and consistently in her own time thus making her nervous and me angry for her.I've lost count of the times i've told her not to worry about whats behind her but she won't believe me-i just say if anyone crashes into her they'll answer to me(me being all protective there) but it doesn't help much. I mean fair enough on a busy piste it can be difficult to pick a path(tho should just slow down if that crowded) but it seems to happen when theres just no need.
ski holidays
People in a gondela with f*ck off massive backpacks on there backs, FFS take 'em off!

Could retaliate to those anti snowboard comments but will refrain...

...oh f*ck it, skiers standing on take off points of rollers! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
People who take high speed short cuts through marked beginner areas, treating the novices there as exceedingly inconvenient obstacles. An area above Peisey-Vallandry was bad for that with a well used rat-run traversing the otherwise enclosed "zone débutant".
snow report
Parents who ski with their kids and don't wear helmets.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HellBent, oh, mind your own business you interfering busybody. Laughing

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 12-11-09 20:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
In Courchevel this year down in La Praz there was a group of 20 yr old lads who were aiming and chucking snowballs through open bubble car lift windows (from the ground). It was amazingly tricky to time it right. I was really impressed. If a snowball had landed through my window I would have found it a right laugh. Some might think they were yobs.

Laughing classic
snow report
Quote:

If a snowball had landed through my window I would have found it a right laugh. Some might think they were yobs

Fair enough, but if a big chunk of snow dropped from a great height went down the back of your neck, or what landed on your head was gob, you'd probably not be too chuffed.

Quote:

mind your own business you interfering busybody.

Laughing angry, moi?
snow conditions
Butterfly wrote:
People who take high speed short cuts through marked beginner areas, treating the novices there as exceedingly inconvenient obstacles. An area above Peisey-Vallandry was bad for that with a well used rat-run traversing the otherwise enclosed "zone débutant".

When were you there? - Can't recollect seeing that at all last season
ski holidays
bertie bassett, it was probably all a blur..... Laughing

and please don't use "retards" as a term of abuse. Twisted Evil
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
HellBent, oh, mind your own business you interfering busybody.

Laughing
snow report
pam w wrote:

Laughing Last year we got threatened with the lift being shut off if we didnt drop all our pre made snowballs and wipe our boards down.
snow report
Obsessed_intermediate wrote:
but when they are 3 or 4 wide rolling a joint, it can be quite awsome.
latest report
People who come flying down an empty piste, showing off their technique and miss a nervous beginner by inches, IDIOTS.

Not filling up chairlift's, blame the lifties.

Not taking ski school kid's up the lift's.

Eating your own food on the restaurant terrace, pay up or ship out.

Ignoramouses.

The price of a Pint.
snow report
What a negative thread!

Nothing... I love being on the mountain and have forty odd weeks of hassle so make sure nothing bothers me.

Well, there was a young girl who stuck her pole down on the back of my £700 board, but hey, its only a board.

Enjoy and chill, people.
ski holidays
Large packs of folk who decide to hang around blocking the entrances to lift mazes doing their faff.

Same packs who repeat their faff at the top of the chairlift, on pinch points of connecting cattracks etc.

and expats who think they are cut above because they are working a local's job wink
snow conditions
Having to go up a chairlift with/looking after loads of ski school kids - I may be an adult but I am not good at heights and just about manage to cope with chairlifts - I am not ready to cope with anyone else while dealing with my fear in my own way...

Boarders who lie across an entire 8 person chair lift and get on too early meaning that I and a small kid have to get rugby tackled out of the way of the oncoming chairlift...

Getting next chair on my own with small kid (and it was horribly unbalanced as I was at one end and the kid was in the middle)...

Cat tracks when there is a perfectly decent wide (albeit steep) piste that goes to the same place. Sorry Mr Instructor, the black would have increased my confidence, the cat track wrecked it. And yes I did ski down that black perfectly happily later in the week...

Being of such a height that your nose is at armpit height on a packed gondola. At least on the tube people are a little less sweaty... and there are no open pit zips!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy