Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

maria alm

Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are looking to go to maria alm last week in january.
as we havnt been to this part of ski amande does any one have any accomadation recomendations pref ski in/out
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
molly, Can't really help other than went for half day when in Kaprun during summer 2 years ago. Stunning village. Did not look like too many ski in/out places but could be completely wrong. I'm sure some of the better placed Very Happy 's will be along shortly to give you better advice than me Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
molly, the LANGECK hotel,very nice,ski in/out,about 10-15 min. on foot from the village center.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I still haven't managed to ski there yet.... best get that lined up!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I still haven't managed to ski there yet.... best get that lined up!

Shocked Of all the Very Happy s that I thought would be able to help molly, was you. Shame on you
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, will be there jan 16th -23rd if you want to call over ( then again, you skied the legs of me when we met in flachau a couple of years ago , so perhaps....................... a drink ? )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH wrote:
flangesax, will be there jan 16th -23rd if you want to call over ( then again, you skied the legs of me when we met in flachau a couple of years ago , so perhaps....................... a drink ? )

Maybe we could meet up and have a ski in the middle -we live at the other end of the valley ( the better end -although i would say that wouldn't I??)

There is some ski/out in Maria Alm although most accommodation in the village you will have to walk to the lift or get the free ski bus there is not that much skiing in Maria Alm itself - you take the gondola up and ski down cross the road and then take the gondola up the Aberg where the main ski area is -you can then ski all the way to Muelbach and back again. If you have strong legs and are quick. Hintermoos is better for ski -in/out but then there are no shops/restaurants,etc -it is just apartments and you need a car to get there ( and snow chains!!) Hinterthal is also not ski-in either and only has one small shop but has more restaurant. But Maria Alm is a proper village and very pretty we were they last Sunday for a wlak around and drink.

If there is any more questions please ask.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
djfletcher, don't forget that going from Maria Alm to Muelbach requires a short bus ride to get you from Aberg to Hinterthal!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
djfletcher, could be a plan ! my partner will be doing beginners classes so I'll be keen to head out & see the sights,even have a beer if I must, ( though of course I shall also be spending some time being suitably patient & understanding !!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
3offthetee wrote:
djfletcher, don't forget that going from Maria Alm to Muelbach requires a short bus ride to get you from Aberg to Hinterthal!

yes bus from maria alm way but you can ski back Ok. This year there is a new piste back so it is easy and a new chairlift. the plan for next year is for a new lift so you don't have to take a bus!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nickH wrote:
djfletcher, could be a plan ! my partner will be doing beginners classes so I'll be keen to head out & see the sights,even have a beer if I must, ( though of course I shall also be spending some time being suitably patient & understanding !!)

a beer would be a good idea!! Just drop me a line nearer the time- I can ski any day apart from Saturday-that is change over day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
djfletcher, will the new piste eliminate the flat/uphill section where poleing/walking was needed? A new lift for the return is good news. Stayed in Dienten last year and thought the ski area was excellent, well worth a visit for anyone thinking of trying the ski amade region.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
djfletcher, will do !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3offthetee wrote:
djfletcher, will the new piste eliminate the flat/uphill section where poleing/walking was needed? A new lift for the return is good news. Stayed in Dienten last year and thought the ski area was excellent, well worth a visit for anyone thinking of trying the ski amade region.

Yes I think it will .It goes from the top of the chair- they are also putting new snow cannons on the black/red run down to Hinterthal. That piste suffered a lot from the snow getting thin so that should help there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

My wife and I have booked to come to Maria Alm in early March, we have managed to use folks Timeshare and are staying at the Alpenland sport hotel, It looks nice on the web.

Any thoughts ? Can you ski in / out from there does anyone know ? looks close to a lift on one of the maps I looked on.

We both love our skiing and are looking forward to maybe trying a few other resorts within the Ski amande as well as we are driving over from the UK , am I correct in saying than you can ski from Maria Alm to Aberg (walk across the road as well) and ski all the way to Muelbach ? , can you ski all the way back or do you need to get a bus ???

From the Pictures I have seen Maria Alm and the other ski resorts in that region all look lovely.

cheers
Dave

Smile
snow conditions
Hi, went to Maria Alm a couple of years ago, its beautiful! we stayed at a hotel just out of the village up the mountain on a red run, wish I could remember the name as its nice to stop there for lunch! think your hotel is in the main town so not ski in/out, but only a 5 mins or so to the lift. I think you can ski from village to village but its quite lengthy from what I recall. I have also been to muhlbach that too is lovely, you will find the slopes and lifts in the area very picturesque and better still quiet!! no queues at all, truly a lovely place, enjoy snowHead
latest report
Remembered!! it was the Hotel Der Handlerhof!
snow report
Maria alm is agreat little resort but Mulbach os better. hardly any english which makes it even better!
snow conditions
Davey24 wrote:
am I correct in saying than you can ski from Maria Alm to Aberg (walk across the road as well) and ski all the way to Muelbach ? , can you ski all the way back or do you need to get a bus ???

I believe you can ski from the Natrun lift (out of the centre of Maria Alm) to the Aberg but the run wasn't open when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

You cannot ski all the way from Maria Alm to Mühlbach - you need to take a bus between the foot of the Schwarzeckalm lift (reached from the Aberg area) and the Hochmais lift (at Hinterthal). You can, however, ski all the way back to the Aberg area, using an long piste (30) down from the Gabühel to the Schwarzeckalm lift. As djfletcher says, there are plans to build a lift to replace the bus trip but it isn't there yet; you can see details (in German) at http://www.hochkoenig.at/winter/skigebiet/neuwinter2009_10.htm.

Probably it is more practical to do the Aberg area one day and drive to the Hochmais lift as a starting point when you want to ski over to Mühlbach. I much enjoyed the runs through the trees at Mühlbach (the first time I had been there).
ski holidays
Thanks for the info , very helpful, Looking forward to my skiing break now! always seems to take longer to come around than my beach Hols!!! must look forward to my skiing one more!!!! ha ha!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy