Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it still possible for non-members to post on SC site?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the " Piste " section of snowHead I done a link to the SC site to answer a question posed by a snowHead .

My link was to an SC thread which had a message box, where members post their messages. But I was wondering, was it still possible for non-members to post there, thereby by-passing the PIN and username numbers. I am not suggesting that non-members should do this, but I am curious Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hibernia, I think a log-in is required before any SCGB thread is accessible, therefore excluding non-members (or members like myself for whom the log-in doesn't work).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:
....or members like myself for whom the log-in doesn't work.

Puzzled snewtome that a member can't log in. We do have one whose cookie is causing problems with automatic log in. But you are the first I am aware of who can't do a basic log in.

Any idea what the problem is?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith - suggest you ring up the SC to sort out the problem, as Nick says it has something to do with cookies. I had the same problem some time ago and they sorted it out very quickly. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laura and Gail have both suggested remedies over the months, but nothing's worked to date. It's odd, because I don't have any similar problems with registrations or log-ins on any other sites. I can access the SCGB site from other computers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I sense a conspiracy theory developing David Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, Just a thought, but if it is just on one computer then have you deleted your cookies files? as they could be trying to log you on automatically with an incorrect name and Post Code.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, do you mean 'internet options' and 'delete cookies'? If so, I've done that, and changed cookie settings.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For a couple of weeks I could only access snowHeads from my home PC by going through a proxy doodah cache thingummy...I'd put snowHeads into the address bar and the browser would timeout...

(I'm sure ise will cheerily point out my ignorance if I've misrepresented any of the technical aspects of that statement wink )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David - see the possible solution recently found in members' suggestions on SCGB chat site.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy