Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apex Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone here had any experience or even seen in the flesh a pair of Apex Ski boots. These are designed by Danny Hanson and are basically a snowboard boots that sits in a carbon fibre shell that attaches to ski's.

Wife has big problems finding boots that don't kill her feet (high arches and what seems like pressure on the top of the foot from the boots)

Was wondering if these might be an option, albeit an expensive one!

Tried surefoot...............nice guys but didn't work. Loosing hope now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To pick up an old thread, has anyone come across these? It's a nice design by a USA company, and it would be interesting to know if they work as claimed

http://apexskiboots.com/the-system
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I read a thread about them on epic a while back, seems to be that they are not so easy to adjust if you have a narrow or low volume foot.
If a your a recreational skier used to a fairly low flex boot then they will work just fine provided of course that they fit you.
These opinions are not my own. Just a general over view of others.
Personally I am intrigued and I like the idea of being able to walk at the end of the day without struggling or carrying spare shoes. However they are very expensive for a non guaranteed fit, one of the people on epic had been sent some kind of padding through the post to fit himself!
At least with a good fitter you can get your boots tweaked as needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just got a pair of Apex boots recently. I got them because the top of my foot is always problematic where the "saddle bone" is. They're extremely comfortable and warm. I think my feet are fairly wide so they fit well. I had the inner part molded by a boot fitter. My legs are a bit skinny and the boots may be a bit loose in the calf, but it's a fair tradeoff for me. I'm not really hard-core, I just stick to the front side. I would say that if you want to know what they feel like but don't have them in your area - you can try on a pair of snowboard boots and strap yourself onto a board. It's a fairly similar feeling.

My opinion on the exoskeleton concept is that being able to walk around in the boots does seem cool at first but is not entirely practical. It's not difficult to pull out the inner boot and leave the skeleton on the skis. However getting them back on that way is another story. Imagine just leaving your entire boot attached to your skis and trying to put your foot in them and buckle them up while on the snow with no brakes on your skis - not easy! Also if you leave the skeleton on the skis then the brakes stay up and the skis are not easy to carry, nor did I feel comfortable leaving them on the ski rack that way. The skeleton part is very light, but if you remove it of course you have to carry it around in addition to your skis, poles, etc. On the plus side, it was great when I forgot something in the car and I left my wife to hold the frames while I ran back to the parking lot. I can see myself mostly just leaving everything attached and wearing them exactly like normal (yet very comfortable) boots except for only limited situations.

If anybody wants to know anything, I'm happy to answer what I can. I'm just an intermediate level skier though, so I probably would not be able to offer really intense technical information.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have wide feet 110 last and crazy high arches, basically a boot fitters nightmare most high volume boots are too soft for my level and weight so basically I ski in pain.
Not any more these boots are amazing, the comfort right away is better than my 5 year old worn in Solomon's the design is killer but the comfort amazing.
Could not get them in the UK so on my latest work trip to the US I picked up a pair will be using first time in Austria later this month.
Even though I have not had them on the snow yet 20 mins in the shop had me part with $1000 for these babies. 30 years of skiing in pain makes that seem a bargain! Everything I have read makes me believe they will be awesome on the white stuff and with a flex upto 130 they have me covered.
For anyone else out there with the disaster combination of wide feet and high arches these are he solution. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy