Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommend boot fitter in ireland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
need to get measured by a well experienced boot fitter as i have been puting up with painful foot (right only) when sking for the past 11 years .
need someone in ireland so prob dublin my best bet. i know there is one in belfast but im in the south so not an option. have checked online and i see there are 2 in dublin snow and rock and great outdoors. any one any experience of these two shops? have contacted snow and rock and they do the lot re boot fitting, would rather have some ones recomendation before i spend that kind of cash.
my other option would be to wait till i get to resort end of jan in lanersbach.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, Dan or Ian in snow and rock are the best of the bunch. Good fitters and nice lads to.

Great outdoors have Neil is not to bad from what I have heard
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I remember Snow and Rock have some kinda money back gaurantee if boots are comfy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Personally i believe slush & rubble are the only shop in Dublin that have a sufficiently large selection that getting a pair of boots that fit right would be anything other than luck. However from what i've seen in there i wouldn't be super confident in the quality of their fitters. They're also the most expensive outdoor sports shop in Dublin.

Why are you limiting yourself to ireland? With a bit of research you could find a good boot fitter where you're going skiing next & buy them in resort. Or even failing that if you're travelling from west cork you could take advantage of the weak pound & go to the UK for a day to get a pair from a renowned fitter. I bet a 1 day flight to the UK booked in advance won't be any more expensive than driving from west cork to dublin. E.g. Leamington spa is a 20 min train journey from Birmingham airport & Lockwoods there is renowned for the quality of their boot fitters.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Great outdoors have Neil is not to bad from what I have heard

By coincidence I was in Great Outdoors today and had a chat with Neil. Nice guy and will take time to talk to you about what you want. He certainly seems to know his stuff and has worked in some of the better shops in the UK.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Neil isn't a bad bootfitter as they go. However as great outdoors only carry 2/3 brands of boots & don't have any of the necessary equipment for manipulating shells getting boots from him that fit well is always going to be about getting lucky. Plus the greatoutdoors is woefully expensive. The other thing is that there are about 4 other people in the shop who will try & sell you boots who don't know their back bottoms from their elbows.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks all for the info.
I have considered getting the boots in resort but have been comparing prices and the resots seem to be more expensive+ it would have to be sun morning for the boot fitting as we dont get to resort (lanersbach) till late sat eve, so dont think i'd be getting much time/attention with busy staff.
have considered flying to england but I will be in dub anyway the end of nov so was hoping i could do it then.frank4short, do you know if the have the necessaray equip in snow an rock ie for stretching boot, foot bet moulding, boot heating for fitting etc?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
creedgearoid, As far as i can tell they have all of the equipment it's the staff's level of experience i'd personally be more concerned about.

I have to say i'm surprised anywhere is more expensive than snow & rock in dundrum. It ain't cheap.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy