Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Madesimo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going for a long weekend as got flights to Bergamo. I know it's not a massive area but think it should be okay for good intermediates if the snow is good. Your views please....... wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went there in 1982 ish!

Was absolutely fantastic then....when I were a lad. Uncrowded pistes, unlimited powder, I cant remember seeing a piste basher, but it was 27 years ago.

I would love to return there one day, if nothing else to see how the skiing quality has changed.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bloomin' 'eck Arctic, did they even have lifts then? wink Thanks for your reply though. I think the word is the snow record is pretty reliable given its position and I'm all for quiet pistes although I know the Milanese crowd drop in at the weekend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep it had lifts, I remember a lot of drags and a few double chairs. I also remember the cable car was the second oldest in all of Italy! (which did not inspire confidence) I was an impressionable young nipper then and would not have gone on to father children if I had not managed to avoid the rock at the bottom of one of the slopes in Motta so successfully. We didn't all return unscathed though, one lad broke his leg within the first 15 minutes! (a record I think)

Let me know if you go and what it's like!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 11-11-09 14:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think I'll almost certainly be going as it's the closest resort to Bergamo. Unless the snow is non-existent then I'll report back on Madesimo. By the way, for a great Italian area, try skiing in the Monterosa region. Have stayed in Champoluc twice and as it's lift linked to Gressoney and the mighty Alagna it really is worth considering. There's plenty for everyone but it's not the greatest for beginners.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I may try that, I am in Aosta (Cervinia & Zermatt) early 2010. Have you tried Pila too?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not tried Pila but love Italy (much prefer it to France). Been to Sella Ronda too based in Arabba (a great skiing resort although quiet) and the Dolomites are lovely. I like to go off the beaten track at times and Chamonix and Val d'Isere are all very well but I like to throw in a Baqueira Beret in the Spanish Pyrenees occasionally! While I still have knees I'll be skiing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arctic Fox wrote:
Went there in 1982 ish!

Was absolutely fantastic then....when I were a lad. Uncrowded pistes, unlimited powder, I cant remember seeing a piste basher, but it was 27 years ago.

I would love to return there one day, if nothing else to see how the skiing quality has changed.

I was there a few years before that even.

It was my second year of skiing and I have fond memories of the place. Like you I would like to go back, even if only for a day, to see what it's like now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
michaelhall58 wrote:
I think I'll almost certainly be going as it's the closest resort to Bergamo.

It may be the quickest, depending on the roads, but it doesn't look closest, according to the maps.

Aprica iappears to be the closest, and Ponte di Legno appears closer than Madesimo too, plus a few others.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I take your point Alex, but I think it's the closest 'large' area which offers some challenging skiing as well as cruising.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Everyone

Just a little amused at some of comments made about Madesimo !!!!!!

I think you will find a few changes at Madesimo from some of the comments already made..... no drag lifts at all now, and they do have bashers, infact Madesimo now has one of the most up to date lift systems going. Its only 2 hours from Bergamo just north of Lake Como with excellent snow record and some excellent off piste, though not a large ski area 60kms, there is certainly enough for most intermediate skiers.

Iam sure you'll have fun. Give it ago
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Bella ski, seen your website so already know about you guys. This is a DIY four day break, flying from Bristol to Bergamo on Jan 14 and staying in Albergo K2 B&B. One can never anticipate the weather but if the Canalone black is open and I can ski from the top over the other side which looks to have some nice long reds then I'm sure we'll be fine. Knew about the good lift system already so all in all I'm hoping it's a good choice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy