Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knockhatch ski school, sussex UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone learnt to ski at this dry ski slope venue? Looking for lessons in this area (sussex) but does not seem to many options close by. Artificial snow slopes (X-scape etc.) too great a distance. Saw this as an option but just wondered if anyone rates it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
njm, I haven't been to Knockhatch, but are you aware of the plastic slope at Bowles http://www.bowles.ac which is about 5 miles south of Tunbridge Wells. I had lessons there (a long time ago) which I enjoyed. However, I live in Mid-Sussex and The Snow Centre at Hemel really isn't too far away, and I would prefer to drive there than make the relatively short journey to a local plastic slope. Take a look at http://www.insideoutskiing.com/courses.html and http://www.thesnowcentre.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for this. I'm thinking Hemel would be a good option, but looking at prices dry ski slope is a lot cheaper, I know that no way as good, but I'm wondering if for the very first basics it's an adequate starting block (lessons not for myself hence why struggling with geographics)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

wondering if for the very first basics it's an adequate starting block

I'd say it depends hugely on the pupil. My OH and I and two lads started on a terrible dry slope in Scotland that didn't even have a lift. In the dark, and usually in the rain too. We were keen..... When a young nephew from southern Africa was coming with us on a holiday to the 3 Valleys we gave him a 2 hour private lesson at Southampton for his Christmas present - he loved it, but he was a small, tough, very strong-legged horseman (and international polo player) and the tumbles didn't bother him in the least. However, it can be painful and messy, and it's not for the faint-hearted. If your learner is not too active physically, and likely to throw in the towel if things get a bit hard and grotty, you might put them off for life - and a trip up to the infinitely easier, more attractive and pleasant surroundings of Hemel would be a good investment.

And if it's snowboarding you're thinking of, it takes a really determined learner with a high pain threshold to learn on plastic. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
njm, I haven't had lessons at either but if you want to go the dry slope route I'd recommend the Bowles centre over Knockhatch. The slope there is better (although, to be fair, I haven't been to Knockhatch for a very long time) and the coaching sessions I go to are good fun and well managed. That said, if you can get to Hemel then indoor snow is infinitely preferable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree with homphomp snowHead
Bowles over Knockhatch any day... or evening.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
njm, one of the regulars here, ski is an instructor at Bowles. Drop him a PM if you want further information.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also agree with homphomp, snowHead

So another vote for Bowles over Knockhatch
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy