Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sking in Feb 2010 from the 13th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DOes anyone know where is cheap to go and ski/board over the half term in Feb 13th - 20th
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i'm going to Chamrouse with family through snowtrex, was pretty good value around £500pp all in SC. i know that the flights have gone up considerably now though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) Find a resort you haven't heard of. Or the completely back bottom end of a big resort

2) Drive there.

As an example - just searched on SkiBeat for that week on a mythical 2 adults/2kids and you're looking at £4,500 for one of their catered chalets including flights, xfrs, food. There's probably cheaper TO's

OTOH I've found a P&V 1 bedroom (twins for the kids) apartment with a sofa bed in the lounge (for you) for c. 900 quid for the week. Add on 500 to drive/there back, and that'a lot cheaper than the TO, ok so you have more food costs but with an s/c apartment you probably have more flexibility (e.g. making sandwiches/returning at lunchtime etc)

But you really needed to be booking over the summer to have a wide choice of resorts/options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We know somebody who has a small one bedroom apartment to rent near La Clusaz and the Aravis ski area. They have just used it as a holiday home until this year and have only just started renting it out. It is £499 for the week but they will be able to offer you a midweek rental so you can take advantage of the cheaper midweek flights. You will need a car as it is a 5 minute drive from the nearest ski lift (St Jean de Sixt), the village is called Les Villards sur Thone. If that seems like it may be of use to you send me a PM
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Checkout anything that Peak retreats might have. But cheap means driving - From Northern Ireland!! Flights will be the issue I fear.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have no connection with Peak retreats other than having used them I hasted to add, but if you take me up Xavier owes me a free pint in the Neige et Roc next time we go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a big group and say what can you do - about a year in advance. It is the only thing that is going to interest a chalet, they are going to sell that week whatever (unless they are really useless), so the best way is numbers and an advanced booking. I own/run a chalet in a not well known resort and we are booked a year in advance, from a completely honest sellers point of view I think that is the reality of half term week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So take Skichamps offer and book flights say Monday to Friday - BUT you will struggle to find ski-school to take kids, or even private lessons possibly depending on resort.

Why not go at Easter? Warmer, easier to find accommodation etc etc
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy