Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez to Chamonix trains buses etc?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to travel from Alpe'dHuez to Chamonix in late Jan, I've tried the rail europe website and whatever route I try (guessing Grenoble to Cham is easiest) it comes up with:

◦We are sorry, but our online system cannot find any journey details for your request, this maybe because the fare you have selected is sold out and no longer available. Please choose a different fare or search again using different travel dates and times or break down your journey itinerary.

Tried on other train websites and get the same!

Even tried Sallanches, same again. It will let me go to Bourg St Mourice though!

Am I to early for booking in Jan? Is the route not there?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maybe try ADH to St Gervais Les Bains?

however it works out, it'll be a pretty tortuous route
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the timetable is the same, I have just put in for next week.

You can take the train from Grenoble to St. Gervais Les Bains. It is €26 takes 5 hours 35 minutes.

You would have to get a bus from Alpe d'Huez to Grenoble, and another train from St. Gervais to Chamonix.

Départ à : 12h25 GRENOBLE GARE
>
Arrivée à : 13h24 AIX LES BAINS

Départ à : 14h19 AIX LES BAINS
>
Arrivée à : 14h57 ANNECY

Départ à : 16h22 ANNECY
>
Arrivée à : 18h00 ST GERVAIS LES BAINS LE FAYET

It'd take 4 trains and a bus. Your going to have to have a very good reason for doing this journey or it just wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might be quicker and possibly?? cheaper to get a cheap transfer to Geneva and then a shared transfer to Chamonix. I fear the train will be a nightmare.

Could also do it on the Bus I suppose.

Andy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree...not a journey that I would want to do on the train.

I drove it once and had to get to Chambery, Albertville and Ugine and could then cut through the valley to St Gervais.
Still took me over 3 hours in the summer but I got a divert which cost me 30 mins plus, easily, so I am thinking winter conditions could account for the same or more..

Good luck
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, you've given me a few more options to think about. Early planning at the moment so no panic and would't book anything till I'm in resort (end of the month) anyway.

Thanks again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy