Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villard Reculas - ADH

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been invited to join a party here. Anybody been here and know anything about the place?

Second point: If I take a complete beginner, is that a really silly idea? It seems to be somewhat out on a limb, access-wise. Absolutely no way back down the mountain save for skiing. And I guess the lessons will be in ADH, which is inaccessible from here if you don't ski.

Many thanks, as ever.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been.

It's incredibly quiet. Incredibly. There is one pub, one tiny shop, and one 'worthwhile' restaurant called Bonsoir Clara (although I had cause for concern re: its hygeine when I was there). This was a few years ago mind.

The local slopes are nice, uncrowded. It's not ideal for a complete beginner, although there was one in our party when we went. The local nursery slope "escargots" is hilarious. A rope tow, and almost flat. And only about 100m long. Lessons over in AdH would be a lot more sensible, but the route over is via a 'should be red' blue run.

If your beginner is a gung ho one, as ours was, you'll be alright once he/she can snowplough. If they're timid, they'll be stuck in VR and might not enjoy themselves.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there is a beginner area at Villard but that would probably restrict your friend to ESF - not necessarily the end of the world since the options for beginners in ADH don't go too far beyond ESF anyway

Villard is a nice place if you want a chilled out holiday without too much time in bars. Decent access to the ADH area and the skiing immediately above Villard is pretty nice and surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to ADH itself
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow. 57 inhabitants - according to Wikipedia!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy