Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith Academy Course - Verbier - 5th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going on this course from 5th to 11th December which will also be my first trip of the season. Anyone else going?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Touchguru, I'll be in Verbier for the Season. I'm starting it by doing this week too. See you there. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff RPF Very Happy
Damn jealous that you are going for the whole season though!!!

See you there

TG
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Touchguru - I am on it the week before you - 29/11.

I will try to send a report midweek, to whet your appetite!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great Fifespud, would be good to hear your take on things during the week. Have an awesome trip

TG
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TG - Getting a bit apprehensive tbh!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apprehensive Fifespud, why?? Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Touchguru wrote:
Apprehensive Fifespud, why?? Puzzled

That I am going to be the worst on the course!

Plus I am going totally on my own, but to be fair I got the list of attendees through a couple of days ago, and there has been a bit of email chat back and forth re sharing cars etc, and it would seem most people are in the same boat.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fifespud, no matter what level you are I am CERTAIN you will improve on the course and that is essentially why you want to do the course. It is not a competition between you and the other skiers (and without sounding like a Hollywood feelgood sports movie) it is about you achieving personal goals and becoming a better skier than you were previously.

I am also going totally on my own but that for me is exciting as I get to meet a whole lot of like minded people who I may not have got the chance to meet on any other given day.

Sounds like you have got on the e-mail banter with others so good for you. I am sure you will have a great time.

TG
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"It is not a competition between you and the other skiers"

TG

You're wrong - it's all about the competition!

Only joking, and I am looking forward to it.

Not impressed by this warmer front forecast for the 4V over the next 9 days though.

FS
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all
I was on the 29/12 course... hadn't seen this post before though.
Not sure I remember fifespud... but there were a few Northern accents cutting through the generally cut-glass accents of most on the mountain.
Was a good week - first WS course, and very impressed by the quality of my instructor. Some issues with grouping, that took a few days to resolve.
Video analysis was entertaining, and useful, but it was really the 'on mountain' attentiveness and observation of the instructors that made the week. Somewhat galling to have one's technique deconstructed, but absolutely what I wanted and needed.
Would strongly recommend anyone who's on the 'intermediate plateau' to give it a go.... and frankly anyone who is on a plateau (except for complete beginners), although I didn't see any 'really good' (e.g. ski club gold / purple +) skiers.

Class size was 8 or 9, and found this a good number, as plenty of opportunity to watch others making the same mistakes - after the first day, there was little 'waiting around', and despite the few runs being open, we made the most of the opportunities, including off-piste, and a great run down to Medran in atrocious viz but feet of fresh pow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy