Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experience of bootfitting @ Snow&Rock, Chillfactore, Manchester?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I am thinking of getting my first pair of boots this year after 3 years of variable experiences with hire boots.

I'm just a leisurely blue and red cruising skier, and will probably stay that way! I'd like my own boots though as I have quite long but narrow feet, especially around the heel and have difficulty keeping my heel and feet snug and in place without having the boot clips so tight I cut off the circulation in my calf (did that once and spent rest of day trying to ease muscle back to life in the bath...)

Places near to me that I know of are Ellis Brigham in Liverpool and Snow and Rock at the Manchester Chillfactore slope. I thought that one might be good as I could try them out on the slope there.

Does anybody have any reviews of boot fitting there, or tips in general for when going to a chain-store type place? Oh and I'm a woman - how much does that really matter? There seems to be a lot less choice of boots!

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wigan, no experience of them for myself but they sold me boots for my child that are way too big, not such a problem as I can put them away for a year or so, but would be a big problem for an adult. I would try Rivington Alpine in Horwich near Bolton. They have been helpful to me on a couple of occasions for various things and CEM, bootfitter on here, points people in the North West their way from time to time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Sarah, I didn't know about them but have just googled it and it looks a good set up.
I'll take a look in there for sure, it's quite nearby.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah wrote:
I would try Rivington Alpine in Horwich near Bolton.

blimey - takes me back to the days of short pants and grazed knees, I used to live off the chorley new rd...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife and I got some boots fitted at S&R at the Chill Factore last year and we received good service. My wife had some problems with her boots after wearing them so we went back and they sorted the problem with no hassle. Since then I have discovered Rivington Alpine and the service there seems to be all you would wish for from a family run business.

I haven't needed to get boots but there is always someone having boots fitted and they really do seem to know what they are doing.

Hope this helps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MrsEFC used http://www.severnsports.co.uk/catalog/home.php in Leeds. Excellent service, and still got a load of last years models for £99 inc full fitting. My brother also got some advanced level Salomon boots from here in the summer, it was him that put us onto them!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The guys at Ellis Brigham in Manchester (Castlefield) are a much more well informed bunch. The store has been there for more years than I can remember, i.e. it's established. OTH some of the staff at CFe are clueless, I dare say if you had boots fitted, you would get someone with a level of experience, but I wouldn't risk it. Go to EB in the city centre
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett wrote:
sarah wrote:
I would try Rivington Alpine in Horwich near Bolton.

blimey - takes me back to the days of short pants and grazed knees, I used to live off the chorley new rd...

I was just about to post about Rivington Alpine. I live in Westhoughton, so the shop is local for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc, Thanks for that, they look very interesting, I might have a trip over to see them. Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could also try Ventura in St. Helens (just off the East Lancs Road along the A58. A small operation but the staff seem to be pretty knowledgable
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies all you NW-ish people!
I will check them out, starting with Rivington and perhaps the Leeds one Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy