Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mom, Dad and a 1 year old - Where to go this year (2009)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Me and my partner want to get away for 5 days or a week with our one year old. Obviously he won't be skiing and we want to go somewhere easy to get to and has good facilities to keep the one of us occupied who isn't skiing that day. We are both good level skiers who usually ski Verbier, Cham or St Anton. The new little one is our major concern and transfers etc need to be short. If anyone has done a similar thing I'd really appreciate your advice, looking to get away before xmas and must be back in the UK by 18th Dec. I hear the snow is pretty good at the mo.

Thanks,

Lossy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mrlossyman, Chamonix still fits the bill as you are familiar with the resort, it's easy to get to, short transfers and has lots to do for the non-skiing one with babe. I recommend the public swimming pool in Cham for passing a couple of hours with a child, it has a kiddie pool too. Also there's a newish babysitting/creche I saw advertised last year which might be worth looking into it's here http://www.baby-cham.com/ they were also advertising play classes last year, can't remember the details but maybe music type or messy play type activities.
Saas Fee is also fab for kids and non skiers, loads of play parks, buggy friendly walks, good pedestrian access up the lifts, loads of places with petting animals, and a resort kindergarten which I heard good things about and looked very good. Not sure how easy Saas Fee is to get to, we were self driving and it seemed fine to us, but not sure about transfers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I hear the snow is pretty good at the mo.

well there's a bit about (though no lifts open in most places) but going to be a fair bit warmer next week. Should be OK by mid December though even if the snow is good then you'd need to check lift opening - I don't think the whole Chamonix area will be open till 19th December, though the Grand Montets is listed as opening from 5th. One of the Chamonix based people will know the details. Other resorts will be opening gradually too. If snow is dodgy you might want to go up to Tignes - a bit further. But not nearly such a nice place for whoever is staying home with the little one, obviously.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, seems good advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy