Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should the Daily Mail Ski magazine be paying us to read the drivel they publish?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I ask you, what a load of rubbish!

Perusing the magazine in W H Smith this morning, virtually every 'article' was embellished with some advertsing feature masquerading as 'ski journalism'. So, we had an 'informative' First Tracks section which contained such useful nuggets about luxury holidays (several mentions of the operators here) whilst a piece on goggles (is that the thirtieth time this sort of thing has appeared?)was, of course, in the Peter Hardy league of writing. Amazingly, there was a stunning piece of prose on the SMART car and a journey to Courchevel whilst a run of some 20 pages on 'kit' was merely an advertising listing for products. Again, the issue ended with another unimaginative inventory of resorts, all of which could be got from the web.

What sort of stuff is this nonsense? Who buys it (presumably some people do)? And why can't the magazine get its act together and actually commission some 'proper' ski journalism rather than be a Snow and Rock catalogue with a wee bit of commentary?

Snowheads could do better than this lot, asleep, hammered whilst being interrogated by the CIA.............
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
What sort of stuff is this nonsense? Who buys it (presumably some people do)? And why can't the magazine get its act together and actually commission some 'proper' ski journalism rather than be a Snow and Rock catalogue with a wee bit of commentary?

because their print run is about 20k copies which means there is no money for anything interesting. They would need a circulation of 100k to produce an interesting magazine.

well that's my thoughts, maybe the produce what will sell?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wonder why anyone ever pays to read any of the other drivel in the Daily Mail either. I have occasionally, when bored to death on a train, picked up a copy left behind on a seat. And every time, I wonder.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Personally I would'nt offend my bum by wiping the poo off it with that mag...Ski & Board is little better...DARK SUMMER forever!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevin mcclean, but you didn't pay for it, did you? - so how are they supposed to source for the better stuff you want, without advertorials?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the_doc wrote:
Personally I would'nt offend my bum by wiping the poo off it with that mag...Ski & Board is little better...DARK SUMMER forever!!

Props to Dark Summer, good interesting articles.

And its free!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its not - its part of your membership fee!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yip, it is complete turd.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dark Summer's free if you can pick it up in a shop etc, if you want it posted to your house it's about £5 for a season's subscription...just to clarify wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Let's be honest, if an asteroid wiped out the entire Daily Mail office and staff, the world would be a better place.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Every year I buy a copy. Every year I compare it to the previous year's copy. Every year I vow to never again buy it again. I could do it a lot cheaper myself with a piece of carbon paper...

Utter gash doesn't even begin to describe it. I don't buy any ski mag now, not since Ski Racing went electronic... Same price, no paper copy or airmail... rolling eyes What's the point in electronic magazines, you can't take the PC to the facilities to occupy the mind... Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skisimon wrote:
What's the point in electronic magazines, you can't take the PC to the facilities to occupy the mind... Shocked

I do - laptop ... wireless .... Razz Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy