Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

overnight family room close to A40 Geneva/Annemasse/Bonneville

Poster: A snowHead
Search hasn't thrown up anything - looking for family room (4) in hotel close to A40. Ideally a chain so we can check in late/24hr access if required. Reasonably safe carpark as will have kit in roofbox. I'm sure I've seen an IBIS close by right next to the road near Geneva but cannot find on their site.
Really anywhere along A40 between Nantua and Cluses

Thanks for any tips....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there is an ibis at Annemasse (Ambilly). Also a Premiere Classe in the same general area. Not sure I would want to leave much kit in a roofbox close to Annemasse though.

Also consider the Etap and Kyriad Hotels.

The Ibis at Archamps might be a better choice for you, probably safer too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, Thanks I did notice Archamps one though might need to give them a call as webpage didn't mention family rooms.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lou wrote:
davidof, Thanks I did notice Archamps one though might need to give them a call as webpage didn't mention family rooms.

It is near the business park so maybe business oriented? maybe they have communicating rooms. There is a Buffalo Grill hotel at Archamps which may be of interest but slightly harder to get to. There is a Best Western too I think from memory.

http://pagesjaunes.fr/ can help,

good luck.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed at the Ibis Archamps last year, on the way to Switzerland. If I remember rightly the car park was secure, I left all my gear for the season in the car and it was absolutely fine. Fantastic position as well, just off the motorway. I looked at the Annemasse one before Archamps, it's on a busy road in the town centre, about five minutes or so from the motorway. It does have an underground car park which, unfortunately wasn't high enough for me to get my car in, hence me going to Archamps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lou, Stayed at the Mercure Annemasse, very close to the A40, restaurant closes around 10pm form memory, we eat on the motorway, they have a secure car park (gated). Not sure about family rooms, didn't need on on this trip, other Mercure's we have used did have them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Novotel have family rooms but I think the closest one is in Geneva centre. We have stayed in the one in Ferney Voltaire near the French side of Geneva airport but maybe that's too far out of your way. They have 24 hour access and it can work out cheaper than booking 2 ETAP type rooms. If you are lucky they sometimes have breakfast included in the rate, if not I think uder 16's eat for free if the adults buy breakfast.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's the Inter-Hotel du Faucigny (details here), which is right by the first exit into Cluses on the A40. I've never stayed there, but have noticed it on the way past.

79 euros for family room.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys, will look at these this morning.

FlyingStantoni, you are obviously more observant than me Embarassed

(though in my defence, at that point I am probably either counting out the peage clearing out small change or driving and trying to remember the best way to Carrefour)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lou, Suggestion form the OH the Campanile Annemasse, though we have only been lucky once to book a Campanile, as they get booked up pretty fast.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar, thanks. Yup, first look it seems a couple of them are already booked up! (April)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've used this 3 times for family rooms....they will also pick you up/drop off at Geneva.

Novotel Genève Aéroport France
Tel : (+33)4/50408523 | Route de Meyrin - 01210 FERNEY VOLTAIRE

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0422-novotel-geneve-aeroport-france/map.shtml

Seem to remember it being about 80 Euros pre-booked for a family room
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lou, Last year we used the Logis de France site to book a family room at Lac Genin- a little way off the beaten track and we did have to use snow chains to get out but a beautiful setting, large,comfortable family room and good value menu. I normally like to try out different places but this one impressed us that much we are using it again this year. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Novotel, Ferney Voltaire (nr Geneva airport)
Seem to remember it being about 80 Euros pre-booked for a family room
Just had a quick look at weekend rates for most of April and you get a family room for 4 with breafast included for £81. The breakfast is an excellent buffet brekfast and will keep you going for most of the day, far better than the croissant and coffee you normally get.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all for all your links etc. Have gone for total convenience and booked Inter-hotel at Cluses. The idea is good night's sleep, big brekkie, head quickly to supermarket (though always takes longer once we are in there rolling eyes ) and up to Flaine. Hoping to maybe get some skiing in too that day Very Happy

Have made a note of other places for another time, so many thanks ....

snowHead
snow report
Lou, friends of ours stay at http://hotel-national74.com/ in Cluses sometimes before the drive up to Cluses, particularly if they are arriving late at night. Its right on the main road as you go round Cluses. Not sure if they do large family rooms though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy