Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Damuls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is going on a trip with work to Damuls in Austria. Just wondering if anyone has been and has any tips for the slopes and nightlife.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SCollier1, Is that in the Montafon valley? If so a few Very Happy 's have been there and can advise. Do a search on here and you may be able to trace the Very Happy s
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never been, but here is a review of Au/Schoppernau, which shares a lift pass with damuls:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1128596

I hear damuls has a very good snow record. I was considering it myself this year, but it's tricky to get to on public transport from either Salzburg or Munich, so we're going elsewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Damuls is reputed to be the snowiest permanently inhabited ski resort in the world. Not a huge area but one of the best in the Bregzerwald ski region. None of the Bregzerwald ski resorts are great for apres ski although Damuls has a number of bars around the lift stations. Beautiful region with unbeatable snow - I was last there in Jan this year, try the diedamskopf and Warth regions, these 3 make up the best skiing in the area. And get your son to try the cheese - they really talk it up there but it is superb.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They expanded the ski area significantly beginning with last season (an entire new bowl was added to the ski area with two new detachable chairs). With this season the ski connection with the nearby ski resort of Mellau will be finished (opening late december ?). So the ski area will be significantly larger than it used to be.

Cumulative annual snowfall around Damuls is about 7-8 m or so.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd love to go here, and have 2 days before Lech that are free. Any recommendations for car hire options - coming in on train through Bregenz/Dornbirn/Bludenz. Car hire near station and this might just work ....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went there last year and will hopefully be going again in the New Year. The verical drop isn't massive at only about 700m but the resort is spread over three valleys and the terrain is varied. The pistes are wide and really well bashed offerring some great cruising. The pistes were never too busy and much quieter than any French resort I've been to. There were plans to link the resort with a new lift to another smaller resort which should be complete by now. The lift system is a bit of a mixed bag with some modern six and four seater chairlifts which are rapid but there are also a number of old two man chairs which are really very slow. There isn't a massive amount of off-piste but what there is is easily accessible from the top of the six man chair lift and off the top of an old rope tow. The snow there is always reliable, they had 1/2 metre right at the start of November. Eating on the mountain was very reasonble about 8 euros for a proper lunch in a nice restaurant. The apres ski was actually quite lively on the slopes. There are about four round bars right on the slopes which are very lively and a good crack. In the resort there are a good couple of bars which are also lively providing the standard Austrian apres ski. All in all a small but perfectly formed resort.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is a good website for up to date info http://www.bergfex.at/damuels/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy