Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shopping for new gear...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finances permitting I'm going to treat myself to some new ski gear this season. The current Brugi jacket and salopettes whilst still perfectly functional after 9 years, 4 ski trips and many snowdome trips, are looking a bit tired.

So I'm looking for suggestions. I've already done a little bit of homework. Trespass gear seems to fit the bill in terms of price and this season their stuff looks a little more stylish than previous seasons. There seem to be a few nice looking items on Decathlon's website but I've yet to see anything other than plain black or brown in store. I have looked in TK Maxx in both Mansfield and Nottingham but finding matching jacket and salopettes in my size is going to be a tall order there I think.

Anything in Ellis Brigham or S&R I really can't justify the cost. I like the look of the Surfanic and Roxy gear but it's too expensive and looks a bit baggy board-fit style so would not be flattering at all on a big girl like me.

I do not need extreme technical gear. If anything I constantly find I'm too hot when I'm skiing and end up wearing as little as possible under my ski gear, normally just a thin T-shirt and undies.

Have I covered all bases already or does anyone have any other suggestions? I think I'm going to enjoy the shopping. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If there is a Blacks near you, or an O'Neill/Freespirit, the latter two have shut down or been turned into Blacks. I went into what used to be a Freespirit, but is now a Blacks, and there was heaps of sale stuff from the recently shut O'Neills and Freespirits. They had lots of O'Neill stuff, a fair bit of Animal stuff, some Roxy stuff, some Spyder stuff...

I don't know what size you are, but generally there were loads of tiny sizes (UK size 6) and loads of bigger sizes (UK 16) and not much of the in between stuff.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks swisssnowbunny. We definitely have a Blacks store, but I don't recall seeing anything other than mega expensive North Face stuff in there. I haven't been for a long time though so definitely worth checking out again. I don't think we have either of the other two shops you mentioned but I have seen O'Neill stuff in Two Seasons before (not a cheap shop!).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia, don't forget to check out the sale/clearance area on the websites of retailers like Cotswold Outdoor. I've literally just ordered some merino baselayers at half price, can't go wrong....... Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, have you got a 'Go Outdoors' near you? They are normally quite good. Also an outlet village? Cheshire Oaks is near to me and there must be at least 5 outdoors shops on there including Columbia and North Face, always worth a look you can get some bargains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, I've discovered from the website that there's actually a Cotswold Outdoor shop only 10 miles away, so will definitely check it out, thanks.

sarah, another internet hunt revealed a Go Outdoors shop in Loughborough, not too far away, so I shall take a trip there too. I actually bought my Brugi gear all those years ago from a camping/outdoor shop and it was proper cheap (£40 for jacket, £25 for salopettes). Whilst I can spend a bit more than that this time, I'd still rather stay under £150 for both items. There's an outlet village at junction 28 which as far as I remember has a Trespass shop, a Mountain Warehouse and a Tog24 shop. The latter is very expensive but the other two are reasonably priced.

Thanks for all advice folks. Post-Christmas shopping spree being planned as I type. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, Try Severn sports Mountain Adventures. You can drop real lucky on some good gear on their website, but always check Ebay for them as well for some reason the prices are cheaper with free P+P. The shop is worth a visit aswell up in leeds if you can wait another season then go out of season for a half price or less on more or less everything in the shop. We have used them for a couple of years and have no complaints at all. Should be a hour / hour and a half from you. The shops a bit of an Alladins cave and If you tell what you want to spend they will find you something. Very Happy

Before any spam accusations start, I have no interests in the company.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooops! I appear to have bought a new jacket already. It's purple and lovely... Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, go on then, more details please Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, I think a pic is called for here!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's from the Trespass outlet shop. But doesn't seem to be on their website. It was the only one in my size in purple. It had to be done. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia wrote:
It's purple and lovely... Laughing

Women rolling eyes

Runs for cover Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anotherproblem, pah!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy