Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Not Opening Glacier Blacks, Le Rochu and Bellecote This Year

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked Shocked They have taken them of the piste map for 2010, closed to often they say. The piste markers will be there and they won't offically be off piste I believe but whats the point in the glacier now, long haul for some boring runs Puzzled

Le Rochu is not just a thigh burner, it melts them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But if they leave the markers there... what are they? Itinerary runs? Actually, that could work out better, insurance-wise. For example, we would be covered for that, whereas we wouldn't be on a closed black... Hmm...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Details here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm

imho the lift company have done this so the statistics for the resorts can say 100% of runs open more often.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Yeah but it does make a bit of a mockery of the glacier. So much nicer runs elsewhere as to not weaste time now heading to glacier. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, I suspect the lift to the Glacier will not be replaced when it's next major inspection becomes due. Global warming protecting what we have etc etc Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, yeah but as I said La Plagne is full of such wonderful runs that the glacier is just a trip for the sake of it. In actual fact everyone should go the glacier so the rest of the palce is quiet. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, Surely the best runs are in Les Arcs 2000 in fact everyone should go there Cool Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
thefatcontroller, Surely the best runs are in Les Arcs 2000 in fact everyone should go there Cool Toofy Grin

I'll hold that one in writing thanks Toofy Grin . How true Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
thefatcontroller, I suspect the lift to the Glacier will not be replaced when it's next major inspection becomes due. Global warming protecting what we have etc etc Sad

Hmm how long ago was it that the mid-station (IIRC) got burnt down and then was re-built - not more than 5 or 6 years surely?

As to those runs I don't recollect seeing either of them open the last couple of times I was up the glacier... shame though that they could be gone for good. Whilst removing them helps the 'piste's open' statistics, it doesn't help in terms of the % or runs that are black.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:

Shocked I hope not, all the good skiers would be up in arms because the Bellcote North face is one of the most famous off piste areas in the Alps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, makes a good point, as the lift was re-built I wonder if in inspection terms it is only 5 years old.
snowball, How long to skin up wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, are saying that snowball, is a pot head? Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked am I? For the sake of clarity I meant the placing of synthetic skin upon the base of touring skis to allow one to walk uphill on snow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked am I? For the sake of clarity I meant the placing of synthetic skin upon the base of touring skis to allow one to walk uphill on snow Toofy Grin

Sounds awful....perhaps a bit of dope would nmake it more fun. Point taken wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, dope ah yes takes me back to aircraft manafacturung days Toofy Grin
Quote:

Aeronautics. a. any of various varnishlike products for coating a fabric, as of airplane wings, in order to make it waterproof, stronger, etc.

So wouldn't really help with skinning up wink
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, You don't need to skin up to do the North Face. Tis easy access from the top of the chair. Just a short ski and a hike through the rock to the other side and hey presto! Easy... just watch how many times I do it this season. Oh..BTW did I mention that I will be there ALL season?
latest report
Mouth, We are talking about the closure of the access to the glacier, so if you are there all season in the future you will have to hike up to the North face wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy