Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I love budget airlines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
“I love budget airlines” what a statement, but for those of us that are old enough to remember the good old days of pre budget airline times...

Was I really stuck in Corsica 15 hours waiting for a Dan Air flight back to Manchester?

And of course we had a huge choice of local airport to do international flights - from Manchester or Heathrow, to mention but two (in fact the only two).

Did I only imagine the long queues at check in, trying to keep young children occupied in overcrowded waiting areas, the “take it or leave it attitude” of staff of nationalized airlines. The guarantee that the ground staff/airline staff would go on strike over the Christmas New Year holidays.
And not forgetting those lovely high fares, that I grant you did include in flight food and drink, (even if the quality of it was the source of endless jokes at the time) with everybody from the high street travel agent upwards taking a cut of the fare.
Did I imagine that in the 80`s, to get a flight only to Crete, the travel agent had to book us down with a tour operator with no accommodation required?

Now what do we have - budget airlines departing from loads of regional airports, flying to endless European destinations, with access to ski areas. I think it's good value to fly from my local airport to Geneva or Innsbruck for between £50 and £150 return.

You can keep the good old days, because I love budget airlines
Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bargainbill, an excellent post young man snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bargainbill wrote:
You can keep the good old days, because I love budget airlines Smile

(Oh dear, I'm rather losing my cool - I think I might have wee-weed myself a little bit :oops:) Cool Walk if you don't like them but stop bloody complaining.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yep. Most of the people who moan could probably never have afforded to fly in the old days anyway. Bring on the time when we just pay for whatever we take, including ourselves, in $ per kilo.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree.
Managed to get 3 x return flights from stanstead to turin 14-16 Jan (inc 3x skis + hand luggage) for £60 inc credit card fee from Ryanair.
I know the service is v. poor but that's less than the bus fares from Colchester to Stanstead!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I remember flying Pan Am and ANZ, in flight goody bags, magazines & drawing books. Helping the stewardesses distribute sweets and then being allowed to keep the rest. Getting your 'crossing the date line' and equator certificates signed by the captain. Going up to the flight deck mid Pacific and marvelling at all the switches and dials. Having a junior flyers badge. Fantastic as a kid, I'd flown all round the world by the time I was 18 months old, and carried on until I was 10. Suppose it helped that my dad worked for Air New Zealand as a sparky and could get a 90% discount to (probably on the very planes he'd wired up).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy