Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L'Alpe D'Huez Night Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys, going to ADH for new year with the Wife and Sister in Law, the missus has had 3 weeks skiing and the Sis one, do you reckon they could handle one of the free night skiing sessions offered for free with the lift pass (tuesdays and thursdays)?. I have never tried it before but fancy a bash as it looks like it could be a good crack. ALso i know loads of people have asked this but just a short answer will do, what's the best thing to do on New Years Eve bearing in mind we all like a drink or three and spent last New Year in Val T (which was cool if not a little blurry to remember) Are there any bars or clubs or anything that throws a party on NYE?
Thanks Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pryle, Did the night skiing in ADH a few years ago, it was just one piste off the signal lift served in those days by a drag only, now it appears to be a chair. As a boarder found this pretty hopeless as couldn't do drag lifts so I confined myself to walking up a bit and boarding down. Was chuffing cold and very icy IIRC. We did it on the saturday we arrived as we needed to get our snow fix and it was ok for that but didn't bother later in the week.

I seem to recollect various bars and the old nightclub establishment which were cheesy but good enough - I'm sure you'll find somewhere amusing for NYE.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers BB
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pryle, we did it last year - it was snowing, blowing a gale, incredibly cold & absolutely brilliant snowHead Peter & I were the only people there for the last hour or so - everyone else obviously had too much sense Toofy Grin

But... it's on the race piste, which is very hard packed to start with, & at that time of day pretty well frozen solid. Also, it's quite steep. There is a chair that goes up that way during the day, but they only run the drag for the night skiing. So I don't think your one-weeker will be happy, & I'm not sure about a three-weeker - should be OK if she's confident, but if she's a bit nervous, it could be a bad idea...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pryle,
Go sledging instead, the chairlift at L'eclose (behind the church) is normally open for sledging the same nights as night skiing and quite often they give away free hot chocolate and chartreuse at the bottom. This is France remember, you can drink and be in control of a sledge. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool, can you do the sledging for free using your lift pass or will we have to pay spondoolies? Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One thing tho'

Prob' be very cold Skullie
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pryle,
If you have the visalp pass that lets you do night skiing then the sledging will be free as well, you have to supply your own sledge though. You can hire these from any of the hire shops right by the slope. Sometimes they let you use the plastic disc things but officially you are supposed to have a sledge with brakes, although in my experience there comes a point on the way down where no amount of frantic braking has any effect whatsoever. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That sounds like a plan then, we did the toboggan run in Val T last year and basically no amount of braking could stop me crossing the piste at about 30 mph much to the annoyment of a rather tubby French Family (oops!) anyway it was an enjoyable distraction from skiing for an hour so the sledging at ADH sounds like a winner. Thanks. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy