Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tchibo's selling winter gear...

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.tchibo.eu/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/eu/-/GBP/TdEuBrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=phase_1&kw=4509
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have bought quite a bit of Tchibo/Educho stuff. I have certainly never bought any rubbish gear.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax,

Bought a jacket from there last year. Vey happy with it considering the price...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of those dafty watches will be on my frivilous birthday/Christmas list (again Smile)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got their email today and had a look, but the only things I would have needed, were already sold out Sad Have had the odd thing from their ski range before though, and been very happy with it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anyone tried their ski/snowboard bag ? looks a good price for a wheeled bag .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately since they moved out of the UK you have to pay £13 for postage which puts the prices up tons unless you're buying a lot of stuff
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nickH wrote:
anyone tried their ski/snowboard bag ? looks a good price for a wheeled bag .

Yes. It was delivered the other day. Not tried it, or even seen it yet, as it's at home, and I'm not. I'll report back at the weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fastandicy,

To use the board bag as an example: £15 for wheeled board bag + £12.95 postage = £27.95 all in for a wheeled board bag...

still a bargain...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tchibo have pulled out of the UK market, so the postage is quite high as they post from across the channel. We used have one near us which was great Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got a pair of their Thermal Boots last year, slightly different model and no spikes.
Very warm and comfortable though and an absolute steal at £15
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do they still have any UK stores?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is one in Islington I think
It seems to double as a coffee shop. Weird place
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin81, I hink they still have a few in London. They closed all the ones outside London a few months ago, including the one here in Cheltenham Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, Tchibo always were primarily a coffee shop, that also sold other things, with the "other things" changing frequently.
ski holidays
Tchibo have left the UK
However they are part of the same group that includes both Aldi and Lidl
Both of these stores sell similar weekly specials including some skiwear , kids skiwear last week
snow report
Lidl has base layers and fleeces from today for a week.
Oh and some softshell jackets from £12
snow conditions
jasongibson100 wrote:

However they are part of the same group that includes both Aldi and Lidl

Given that those two are competitors, and not owned by the same group, Tchibo would have some difficulty being in the same group as both of them.
latest report
Tchibo used to have a shop in Chelmsford, I don't know if its still there.
snow report
DaddyLouLou, would be interested to know how you find the bag as I'm tempted myself - do you reckon there's room for a pair of ski boots as well as a pair of skis ?
ski holidays
nickH, If you don't go for that bag I can recommend the Lokker equivalents - well worth typing into ebay. Though the Tchibo bag does look excellent value - I posted a thread just about that bag the moment I spotted it.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1353005&highlight=tchibo+bag#1353005
ski holidays
nickH, I've just been and tried it. Yes, a pair of boots will fit in the bag along with the skis. I'm not sure how secure it would be though. I'm sure that with a bit of 'padding for protection (honestly Miss Check-in-lady, I'm not trying to get extra luggage through)' It'll be OK.

However...

################ WARNING #################

My 170cm K2s only just fit. You might get away with a few more cms, but certainly no more than 5.
snow report
DaddyLouLou, thanks for that, my stockli's are 169, so close !. As for the ski boots fitting, you guessed it, I was hoping to get most of my clothing in as 'padding' so that I could then just get away with hand luggage & avoid the charge for a hold bag as well ( yup, flying EJ). As for secure, do the zips look reasonably sturdy & ok to be padlocked ?
ski holidays
nickH, Zips look sturdy, but they don't have the loops for padlocks Sad, but I can get one of my locks through the holes in the zip pulls.
snow conditions
DaddyLouLou, great, thanks again. Being able to lock the pulls together should be enough to discourage most - what sort of weight would you say it is - is it a real beast or reasonably light ( again, thinking of 18kg weight limit )
snow conditions
nickH, The bag weighs about 2Kg empty (according to my crappy luggage scales). Filled with my skis and boots, it was 12Kg and a bit.
snow report
DaddyLouLou, sounds good - have gone ahead & ordered one. Thanks again !
snow report
Can someone confirm if the Islington branch is still open or of any other branch in London? Picadilly is it just coffee or even shop?

Many thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy