Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Himalaia @ Soldeu question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been there?

I'm going in Jan, but having reading things on Trip Advisor like "boot room flooded", I was wondering what it was like as a hotel. Some of the comments made it seem a bit Fawlty Towers-esque.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless you're one of those people that just has to find something to moan about, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Spent a week there last Feb ('09). No issues of note. Shame Grandvalira is so cr@p.............

John.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BCjohnny wrote:

Shame Grandvalira is so cr@p

That's utter rubbish! Grandvalira is great, alright, not the best ski area in the world, but definately not crap! They have some excellent schools, really long beginner runs, absolutely excellent terrain parks, good selection of reds and blacks, plus a company who are investing lots of money in development of their facilities.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jayne1407 wrote:
That's utter rubbish! Grandvalira is great

No it's not. It's cr@p.

Dreadful, souless place that is no longer cheap.

The Himilaia is a good hotel, however.

John.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Grandvalira is great

Quote:

No it's not. It's cr@p.

Puzzled Toofy Grin

Each to their own - but Mrs MA & I loved Andorra 4 years ago. Everything about the holiday exceeded our expectations. Great snow, extensive, varied skiing, a great value half board week at the Sporthotel in Soldeu - and we skied Grand Valira, Pal, Arcalis, Arinsal, Porte de Puymorens (France) and Massana/La Masella (Spain) on a fantastic road trip to/from Barcelona airport. 2 for 1 happy hour beers to boot Very Happy !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will be staying at the Himalaya this season, after mixed experience of the Bruxelles (but not too bad that I didn't consider returning). On our group lesson were people at the Himalaya who thought it was good. Walked past the Himalaya every day last time and cast envious glances in its direction. Delighted to have found a reasonable deal for the it.

Grandalira/Soldeu is great if you like what it has (slopes & English speaking lessons to suit beginners & intermediates, and loads on snow cannons) and if you value that type of skiing over apres-ski (because Soldeu is pretty soulless but we didn't care much - having pre-teens shattered after 7+ hours on the slopes each day).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the hotel answers.

I've been to Soldeu before (stayed at the Piolet Park a couple of time), so I know that Grandvalira isn't cr@p. True, it's no 3V or Espace Killy nor a pretty Austria village, but it's not bad.

As for it not being cheap, well, it's not that cheap to go there anymore, but the beer is SOOOO much cheaper than a lot of places in the Alps Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy