Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Just received the first "Dump Alert" from Chamonix

"After the balmy and dry Autumn weather we have experienced over the last 10 days, temperatures have plummeted with snow levels creeping down to 1200m and up to 30 cm snowfall forecast tonight up at 2500m which bodes well for the start of the season."

http://www.chamonet.com/dump_alert.php
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good start to season!

Keep it coming!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good stuff, in a fit of madness I booked Chamonix for 2nd week Dec as a pre season livener.
Fingers crossed snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The webcams up Flegere and GM are looking better each day (unlike other resorts!), I think you'll get some riding in Dek even if it's ice riding up GM!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just caught this while browsing the webcams:

[/img]
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When I look on 'myJet2' it keeps telling me it's 60 days to my next flight which is slightly depressing Sad , but then i remember I'm driving over for Christmas Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
manicpb, Could you not have got the subject matter more central in the picture Toofy Grin

New cabins ? or refurbishment ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Come on Chamonix, give us some snow!!!!!
Am off on the 20th of December. I know its a month away but the slopes look pretty bare of the white stuff.
AND its staying warm for a while. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think it's a new cabin. Hurray!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bring it on
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DallyPaul, new cabins.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
40cm due Mon/Tues. Make me happy and snow......................please.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Dru from the garden on Tuesday

Snow on the Dru in the clouds
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
firebug, stunning!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
firebug, brilliant shot!!!
latest report
firebug, any snow on the ski areas yet?
latest report
nice one!!!!
snow report
Thanks!

Yep there's quite a bit on the slopes now.
snow conditions
firebug, I have set that as my PC wallpaper, I hope you don't mind. What a great photo!!
snow conditions
firebug, that is lovely!

you are a very lucky person to have that as your view, are you in les tines?
snow report
Can anyone put that pic in photo bucket so can see it computer at work wont let me view, cheers guys.
latest report
no like is says on your strap line in les praz

just looked at your chalet web site- fantastic
snow report
firebug, I will be home from work on 3rd Dec to do some sorting out, then out to Cham on 13th, keep the view just like that, or add some snow if you fancy.
Massive party of 3 coming over, no more takers, not even a single snowhead wants to come out or has responded, all too busy wrapping Christmas presents to go skiing.
ski holidays
Can somebody in Cham give us unlucky sods back the UK an update on the fresh snow that's appraently dumping??? Only 6 wks to go now..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Check out the webcams http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/webcams.php

For snwo depth check the one half way down on the right (Mer de Glace train stop @ 1913m) - I reckon that's about 20-25cm of fresh snow so far.
ski holidays
Dek, no probs, speak soon Smile
Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments on the pic!
ed123, Yes, in Les Praz, thanks!

There's 30 cm in the garden and it's still coming down Smile pics in a bit! Knee deep further up the valley... snowHead snowHead snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 30-11-09 19:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mazot

hi! Very Happy
snow conditions
firebug, ooooooooooo snow, I`m on my way. Keep it coming.

Will any of the other areas open early if there is enough snow?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I doubt it - they didn't last year and there was loads of snow then. You never know though! I'll keep my ear to the ground.

50cm in the garden now and it's still snowing lightly. We went snowshoeing yesterday!

snowshoeing
ski holidays
Does anyone know what this years snow depth is like compared to last years this time of year?? Good season ahead i hope Blush !!
latest report
stubu1980, no. Guessing it's about comparable to a little less above 2,200m and definitely a little less below. But if you're asking the question to get an idea as to what it'll be like on your annuals, it's (still) kind of a little to early to make much difference.
ski holidays
Quote:

it's (still) kind of a little to early to make much difference

absolutely. a few years ago it was terrific early season, and well into January, then there was a complete dearth of snow for about 5 weeks - all through the February holiday period practically not a flake fell in many areas. But then March was fantastic again - huge snows, and there was still plenty when resorts closed. If we had a sunny couple of days (or a wet and cold couple of days) in southern England in late May we wouldnt ask "so how does this compare to late May last year? Is it going to be a good summer or a miserable one?
latest report
Hmmm I think it's comparable actually - here's a photo from Nov 24th last year

Snow Picnic!

I think the level's about the same (maybe even a bit more than last year) but it's all come at once rather than building up steadily - so the actual precipitation in cm was more last year for sure.

I agree though, you might as well toss coins really, it's so unpredictable. Still, all good fun!
ski holidays
firebug, thanks for the photos and keep posting....

I showed my wife your chalet web site last night- we love it- one of the nicest chalets we have seen- and what a location.
snow report
ed123, thanks! we love it too Smile

I just checked out of curiosity and there is more at the moment. Here's the mazot on Dec 15th last year - you can see the difference in the snow depth. Could all go soon enough though.
http://www.chaletlaforet.com/chalet/gallery11.html
snow report
Hi All

I'm heading to Chamonix with friends for a week starting 12 December. Judging by the webcams, it looks like there's a reasonable level of snow gathering in Courmayeur and it's supposed to open on 5 December. Does anyone have any idea if all or most of the slopes there would be expected to open on that date? If Grands Montets is the only area open in Chamonix the week we're there then hopefully Courmayeur will be a good alternative, especially with the free bus on the lift pass.
snow report
EddieH, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Flaine will be partly open that week I think - but there's no free bus.
snow conditions
EddieH, Grands Montets is opening partially on Saturday. No idea how soon they'll open on weekends. Is there nothing on the Courmayeur website? I know where you can rent touring kit and skins...
latest report
Thanks for the info guys. The impression I get from the websites is that Grand Montets will only be open on weekends up to 19 December and will also only have a limited number of pistes open. I've no idea if Courmayeur will be open permanently from 5 December or just on weekends, or how many pistes will be open (I have emailed the lift operators).

Overall, I'm thinking that Chamonix may not be a great idea for the week of the 12th and that Avoriaz/Morzine might be better. Any input/suggestions? We'd much rather stay in Chamonix if there is a decent chance of a reasonable amount of pistes being open during the week.

Thanks
snow conditions
Hi All!
I go for a week in Chamonix,first day of skiing on the 13th December,any info,thoughts,or snow conditions in Chamonix(any people living there reading this???) will be welcome!
More snow needed at the moment,methinks.
SkiBrummie.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy