Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Snowsports has finally gone?

Poster: A snowHead
www.mysnowsports.com has finally gone
This message appears ...
Quote:
This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the support department as soon as possible, and please have your site name ready.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-11-09 16:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, There was a message from PG a few weeks ago that he was going to close it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, Oh, I hadn't seen that. Have edited thread title accordingly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As I mentioned on a previous thread people started to drift away from it when the mysterious "Mr Sponsor" stopped appearing & giving money as prizes to the kids for results in races etc. They got pretty fed up when some of the money & flights did not materialize.
Pretty unfair on the kids when he set the goal for them to achieve and then sometimes did not keep his end of the bargain. Some were owed a few hundred pounds which would have really helped with training costs etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plugboy wrote:
As I mentioned on a previous thread people started to drift away from it when the mysterious "Mr Sponsor" stopped appearing & giving money as prizes to the kids for results in races etc. They got pretty fed up when some of the money & flights did not materialize.
Pretty unfair on the kids when he set the goal for them to achieve and then sometimes did not keep his end of the bargain. Some were owed a few hundred pounds which would have really helped with training costs etc.

Plugboy you're obviously dialled into the racing scene, there seemed to be quite a lot of the uk racers on mysnowsports - have they gone en massee to another forum or can we encourage them to join here and use the under-used snowsports forum - or is it all bookface and twatter these days
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett, Most of the racers on mysnowsports were very young, what do you expect them to write about ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs wrote:
bertie bassett, Most of the racers on mysnowsports were very young, what do you expect them to write about ?

God knows - I didn't actually read any of the posts apart from the PG diaries which were quite interesting for a year or two..

Which is the best anti-bacterial lotions or if they are younger than that in which case probably 'can I take my safety blanket with me as hand-luggage'

but I'm sure their parents would be interested in flogging on race gear or linking up to organise trips or transport to/from events. Possibly all done on email.

don't shoot me down it was just an idea. I'm going skiing now!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pete should have sold the site. Snowheads was valued at around a million quid at one time. I checked a website that claims to put a value on websites based on various factors:

mysnowsports.com: $261
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With all due respect to snowheads.com, nobody would have paid one million pounds for it. Those generic value-claiming sites are pretty inaccurate to be fair...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, the same rationale led someone to suggest his posts should be paid for at £20 a shot... wink

But that was pants wasn't it. That would probably value Latchigo's racist sock puppets at a couple of grand...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Myself and my kids were members of Mysnowsports and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and competitions that went on across the site. We were very fortunate in that one of our children due to racing results and achievements was awarded a fantastic training bursary by the site and the mystery Sponsor and we were extremely appreciative of the opportunity.

Alot of the kids still communicate by facebook but it's not really the same. The kids used to enjoy posting their results after or sometimes during the various races and then fellow racers and adults could add their comments and congratulations etc. Great for anyone to receive praise or have your efforts noticed when you're not expecting it.

No idea why Sponsor disappeared...... I don't know anything about Flights and money not materializing Puzzled

It was great whilst it lasted but sadly it's gone. Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gillian, Indeed, as you say, most things are to be found on Facebook these days..............

Davidof a million quid? That was one big chocolate button in that case Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Junior was a member on mysnowsports for getting on for a couple of years. Like Gillian says, it was good for the kids to chat and the banter was good. I haven't heard about the non-payments or anything, but it was amazing how quickly the 'regular' posters disappeared once Sponsor threw in the towel.

Junior is now on Facebook - with strict controls! - and chats to a few of his fellow racers through that. We were talking about him joining here on the snowHead stand on Saturday - we'll see.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
Snowheads was valued at around a million quid at one time.

Ah - that must have been in the golden era of snowHeads that everyone seems to talk about wink . Obviously not worth anything near that amount now Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy wrote:
davidof wrote:

Ah - that must have been in the golden era of snowHeads that everyone seems to talk about wink . Obviously not worth anything near that amount now Toofy Grin

Happy

Actually it is a shame Pete couldn't have found someway for Mysnowsports to continue, even if it just meant transfering the active bits of the forum over to somewhere like Snowheads. He had a lot of involvement with this site at the start.

Most of the website valuation algorithms reckon snowheads is worth around $25k. I think that is too low and that the website could be worth around $100K to the right buyer.
snow report
davidof, ha ha Very Happy
latest report
cathy wrote:
davidof wrote:

Not with us lot still firmly encamped.

Alltogether now... "Hell no, we won't go!!!" Laughing
latest report
Maybe in the days of .com Snowheads would have been worth a million. In those days all you had to do was put up a website, knock up a business plan and hey ho IPO! Some didn't even bother with the business plan! In a new economy business just takes things as they come rolling eyes
ski holidays
Surely Snowheads is worth just more than cash to you lot !

New friends
skiing holidays
great deals with various companies

etc etc etc
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy