Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Renting an Aircraft

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if airlines in the UK offer this but if theres if theres big group of Snowheads who want to fly out for the weekend somewhere this maybe an option especailly when you can specify the local regional airport at both ends. Very Happy

http://www.klm.com/nl_en/plan_book/charter_an_aircraft/index.jsp
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool! Reckon we could waive extra charge for skis snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now that would be something special for the snowHeads End of Season Bash! Wonder how much it would cost...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems pretty simple to me .

You tell them how many people, dates, start and end point & you get your quotation Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It can be a very economical option, say a BAE146, if all are leaving from the same airport! But who's going to be brave enough to specify the departure airport!!??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Surely most snowHeads heading for the 2005 EOSB will already have made their travel plans. But for next year ...... wouldn't it be great.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe we should get PG to build a runway...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It best to specify a small regional airport like Biggin hill or Silverstone where the landing fees are low & parking is nothing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chocks away! Ginger!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try Stapleford Flying School who are introducing decadent flights like this. Dare I say it...day trip anyone?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoping to fly into Courcheval in Mar, always wanted to do that but you need a mountain rating which we are working on
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I rmember a few years ago we got a quote for a private flight from liverpool to chambery (for la tania). it was admittedly a small company with only a couple of planes, but their largest (an 8 seater) would have had to refuel en-route (paris area, probably) and the quote was circa £11,000.

in fact I may have it still. I'll see if I can find it
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Found it!
The firm was "keenair"

Thank you for your enquiry,

I enclose the quote you requested :

Route : Liverpool - Geneva - Liverpool

Price : GBP £13760.00 nett to yourself

Flying Time : Liverpool - Beauvais 1 hour 40 minutes
Beauvais - Geneva 1 hour 25 minutes

Passengers : 10 ( based on 7 Male, 3 Female including luggage )

Notes : We would have to stop en-route to Geneva at Beauvais for fuel
to allow for the 10 passengers. This has been included in the
price. The price excludes any catering.

Best regards
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt,

Our plan is to fly as far as Lyon and refuel if necc, I can't remember how many fuels stops we needed last time to the south of France, and then up the T valley and into the Altiport at Courcheval which is a one go only landing, I'm told.
Flying time in the region of 3 and half to 4 hrs

But I would like to know how an 10 seater costs £11,000..!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Errm - 13760.00.

and that was a quote for flying out 27th december 2001,so add on a bit as that's over 3 years ago now!

bear in mind that would include a pilot, and in essence it would be doubled as I doubt he'd hang around for a week while we were out there - he'd probably fly home
ski holidays
nbt, unless he was a skier.
snow report
FlyBe and others charter at reasonable money, if you ask nicely! but I imagine 100+ passengers would be needed to have 'Cheap Fares as we know them Jim'. FlyBe fly to Chambery so may be worth a try.
ski holidays
Our company uses these people

http://www.club328.com/about/

Very nice planes, but not cheap.
latest report
nbt,

I think you can hire small 4 seater planes for £155.00 per hr. Add in pilot so double the price to, say £300.00 ph -ish.
Add in fuel costs and landing fees. The hourly rate only applies to time in the air so assuming the pilot flies home and back out again means everything x 4. so thats £4800 plus fuel and landing fees.

So allowing for whatever price they hire at a 10 seater at there appears to be some leeway in a 3 yr old quote.

Wonder if they are still in business..?
snow conditions
JT,

If his flying time was nearly 4 hours outward he might need a second pilot..!!
latest report
If his flying time was nearly 4 hours outward he might need a second pilot..!![/quote]
snow report
If his flying time was nearly 4 hours outward he might need a second pilot..!!
snow report
stephen bleakley wrote:
Our company uses these people

http://www.club328.com/about/

Very nice planes, but not cheap.

At least they're up front with their costs. Rather more than Easyjet.
latest report
On my recent Scott Dunn trip, they kindly offered to arrange helicopter transfers to Zermatt from Geneva at a reasonable price of only £500 per person one way, minimum four people.
snow conditions
Ha stanton, you must have read my mind. I've been thinking there must be a better way to get to the Alps.
I looked at chartering a plane to fly (obviously you have a licence!) recently - and it really isn't expensive - can't remember but only a few hundred pounds - for a small plane for a day - or more - the cost depends on air time.
When we were in Courchevel I was watching all those little planes going in to the Altiport (probably for lunch) - I can't believe anyone's paying thousands - however rich they are.
I can't fly - but I'm sure I could find a man who can. If you have a group of 10 people or so you could do a couple of journeys couldn't you?
So all those people out there with pilot licences need to get themselves orgnised.
ski holidays
Kramer, A few lads from our Rugby club went to the world cup in Aussie, and for 6 months on their return they started every conversation with "Well when I was in Australia at the world cup".......................... I think you know where I am going here wink
latest report
In fact we have an airfield near us - I shall go and ask them what they would charge!!
That will phase them - they're only used to doing a round trip along the SW coast I think.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, you just know it's going on a T-shirt, don't you. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should I contact Hywel Jenkins and ask if he can do some "Well when I was on my, cheapo, Scott Dunn luxury fest mega holiday in one of the worlds great ski resorts.....................................".

Unfortunatley it has been added to my life wish list.......... Health, Happiness, and a Scott Dunn Ski Holiday. We still need a jealous smiley.
snow conditions
or try some heli-skiing in Murren at he moment ( the cablecar is out of action until 12th March ) at an amazing £25 for each drop-off on the top of the mountain. Cool
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, on my recent Scott Dunn trip there were a few people in the resort slumming it. They got jealous and said nasty things as well. wink

FenlandSkier, I would think that engraved watches rather than t-shirts would be more appropriate. Very Happy

It'll only last until my next ski trip (3 weeks, 5 days and counting), and then I'll probably stop. Almost certainly.
ski holidays
You're all forgetting one thing, if you want to land on a mountain 'Altiport' you have to be certified for that landing just to have insurance as a commercial carrier. You could also have probs flying in with a PPL.
It’s a lovely idea but make sure you’re licensed and legal (hence the crazy prices)
Egg beaters do not have the same landing restrictions but are more vulnerable to conditions so a Robinson R22/44 might be a cheaper alternative (bloody slow though) and Thule don’t list a ski box for it in its brochure.
snow conditions
Quote:

I would think that engraved watches rather than t-shirts would be more appropriate

Very Happy Very Happy . See if Dwight Yorke has any spare ones
latest report
On my recent trip to Zermatt with Scott Dunn, I don't remember seeing Dwight Yorke, I don't think that they allow footballists into Zermatt, don't they tend to go for the bling of Courchevel 1850?
snow conditions
Ooooooo!
snow conditions
I think that I might have to start a Coventry thread in the Apres zone so that I've got somewhere to post to when everyone stops speaking to me.
ski holidays
Kramer, You should start every post with that , cracks me up big style Toofy Grin Time for bed, night night everyone
ski holidays
On one's recent trip to Zermatt with Scott Dunn, one was so full up after one's four course dinner (with canapes), that one tended to retire early to one's bedroom, but as you can see, now that one has returned home, and is living off Pot Noodle, and pasta with pesto, until one's next pay check clears one's overdraft, one tends to stay up a little later. Goodnight.
snow report
Masque,

And that mountain rating for that airport needs to be current but I am not sure how you get checked out etc.
And it is still a one chance only landing so we hope to go two up with the pilots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy