Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Possible BA strike action at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else more than a little concerned about this? I know the union had a meeting yesterday to discuss industrial action, and I believe the results will be announced on the 14th December which would mean they could strike from the 21st. Myself and mrsmfj197 have booked flights to Geneva on the 24th, returning on 1st January ... Confused Or am I getting myself worked up over nothing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TBH this BA thing has been rumbling on now since last winter.

For your sake and mine (I work for a transport company and this would be a potential nightmare) I hope that they don't.

Fingers crossed

Andy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm just waiting for the ferry blockades, too. French farmers always hint at blockading Calais just before Christmas, specially to hold the brits as hostages.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nothing you can do about it without booking yourself a backup at significant cost so best just to rely on cabin crew being greedy enough to not want to jeopardise their Xmas overtime etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy wrote:
I'm just waiting for the ferry blockades, too. French farmers always hint at blockading Calais just before Christmas, specially to hold the brits as hostages.

SNCF is on strike at the moment. Took me over 4 hours and three trains to cover 120km yesterday (still even when they are not on strike the service in the Rhone Alpes is not a great deal better).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mfj197 wrote:
Anyone else more than a little concerned about this? I know the union had a meeting yesterday to discuss industrial action, and I believe the results will be announced on the 14th December which would mean they could strike from the 21st. Myself and mrsmfj197 have booked flights to Geneva on the 24th, returning on 1st January ... Confused Or am I getting myself worked up over nothing?

I'm sure there won't be that much traffic on the roads on xmas day...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
SNCF is on strike at the moment. Took me over 4 hours and three trains to cover 120km yesterday (still even when they are not on strike the service in the Rhone Alpes is not a great deal better).

This cannot possibly be - everyone knows that the trains work perfectly on the continent! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it just me imagining it or are there more strikes in the UK now than in recent years? It seems there's always one organisation or another who are threatening or actioning walkouts.

We seem to go on strike more than the French....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:

Mmm - it's trying to get a channel crossing on Christmas Eve that would be the worrying bit ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mfj197, I've got one booked for the 23rd.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mfj197 wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:

Mmm - it's trying to get a channel crossing on Christmas Eve that would be the worrying bit ...

I bet you'd get a tunnel crossing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mfj197, I am booked with BA in Feb, so pretty nervous that either the cabin crew or the check in staff screw things up. I really should learn and never travel BA, they will be loosing plenty of bookings at the moment and then they all will have to work for Ryanair
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If they strike at Christmas they should be really ashamed of themselves - that is low!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
If they strike at Christmas they should be really ashamed of themselves - that is low!

c'mon shimmy - not that many last summer holiday periods where there hasn't been a strike affecting BA Service - do you think Xmas will be any different.

Still somewhat turkeys and christmas like the posties...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

you're right, they should strike at some nice quiet time when nobody will notice Laughing
ski holidays
I know there's at least one snowHead who has booked a fully flexible Eurotunnel ticket in case BA strike over Christmas. If the flights are running OK you can cancel the Eurotunnel ticket with a full refund, but if there is a strike you have something to fall back on (albeit an expensive option).
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

you're right, they should strike at some nice quiet time when nobody will notice Laughing

It's Christmas...the one time when this nation really focuses on family time. I'd be gutted if I couldnt spend Christmas with my family.
ski holidays
Quote:

the one time when this nation really focuses on family time

Except that half of us are dashing off to the Alps and leaving Certain Members of the family behind. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
pam w, last New Year with 11 member of my family in Alpe d'Huez wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Striking at Christmas hurts individual members of the public much more than it hurts their employers.

And while it does also get them more publicity, striking shouldn't be about getting publicity, it should be about persuading the employers to negotiate.
snow conditions
Should have booked Ryanair or EJ wink (smug northerners unite Skullie )
ski holidays
What is the union thinking? Their employer is on the brink and they want to make things worse? Don't they realise that a whole lot more will lose their jobs if the company goes bust?!
latest report
I'm booking a flight tomorrow. I'm going KLM instead of BA (easijet was an option but they dont have a T-time flight). I dont want to have the hastle.

cheers
bob
snow conditions
Yep. If BA go on strike then they will be in deep deep trouble.
TBH, since BA became "HUB centric" Ie fewer direct from Scotland and having to go via LHR, a lot of the time it nis easier to go via Easyjet or via amsterdam.

Cheers
Bob
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy