Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tyres..... Haggle Haggle Haggle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Now it is snowy time, some will be looking at getting new tyres eg winter tyres. I thought I'd share my cheap tyre experience.

I have an old Volvo S70 (not a mean machine I know). I called Kwikfit for a price..... £85/tyre.

Called McConnechies quoting the KF price..... Oh we can beat that..... We'll do it for £80/tyre.

Called Arnold Clarke.................quoting the £80 and they did it for £75

Phoned KwikFit to say I can get theym for £75 and they said Oh we can do these for £70 (so I saved £60 in 20 mins).

Then I called the independant at the end of our street who do Lambo's and Astons etc.
#
Theyt said Ohhhh the big chains have a national buying strategy that means they get good prices but not as good as us who can wait and buy on spec and when ther eare deals. We can do they tyres for £62.

So the morral is. Search around for tyres and save a packet. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not let your fingers do the talking too.

Black Circles

My Tyres

- or the one which often offers the best price, fully fitted, at your home:

E-Tyres

I've used this Company personally, and can recommend them. They are however a franchise, so can only recommend the operators in certain areas of the country.

These are options to add to the good advice above - dont be afraid to use online sellers. There is often a choice to have the tyres sent to you, if you can fit your own tyres, or have them sent to a local garage and have the fitting cost included in the price. Have a quick look and compare the prices.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I soetimes use the shortcut method aswell...just tell them you're ringing around for the best price so what is the cheapest they can do it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I normally check price on E-Tyres then ring my local garage who normally quotes a lower price whithout being pushed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The cheapest place I have ever found is EARS motorsport on Ebay. I got 4 Toyo T1Rs for my mx5 (inc fitting or free delivery) for £122 - other places were well over 200.

Not sure if they have winter specific tyres but well worth looking at.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy