Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
According to slf http://www.slf.ch/lawineninfo/schneeinfo/hn1/index_EN Verbier got the best of the precipitation in the area yesterday and overnight. Another 22cm at Les Ruinettes so probably 30cm plus up at Attelas.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good snow on piste (all 3 of them) in Verbier the last few days..
Not much open (Funispace, Lac des Vaux, La Chaux, but good skiing to be had if you don't want too much variety. Soft stuff off the side, but plenty of rocks out there.
Haven't tested the ski down to Medran but apparently very stoney at the bottom...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
offpisteskiing, I am out on Sunday, does it look as if they will be opening more by the weekend ??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just answered my own question this on Televerbier

Installations ouvertes

Secteur Ruinettes :

Châble-Verbier ( liaison )
Médran II ( liaison )
Chaux-Express ( ski )
Chaux II ( ski )
Funispace ( ski )
Attelas ( ski )
Lac I ( ski )
Lac II ( ski )
Jumbo ( ski )
Chassoure ( liaison )

Secteur Savoleyres :

Tzoumaz ( liaison )
Savoleyres ( liaison )

Secteurs Bruson et Station : pas d'ouvertures pour le moment
en raison du manque de neige.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thunderer, No idea... I'm out of here tomorrow afternoon & off to Tignes shortly...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
still no sign of activity on the la chaux express, then the la chaux II broke yesterday and we all had to walk back round on the cross country track Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gilo, At this rate they'll be dusting off the old Harold's Burger Bar cat track that used to take pedestrians round the x-country track. I see the Ride has been cancelled as well due to lack of snow and warm temps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When is Lac des Vaux 3 and the other links to Siviez/Nendaz opening? I'm on the Warren Smith Course from Monday morning by am staying in Nendaz so need to get to/from Siviez. I had thought/expected the entire region to open up this weekend?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1556garyt, As thunderer says above the Chassoure link (the Tortin bubble) is open from this weekend as a link only. I don't think you'd want to ski down there just yet. You'll want a car as well though in case the weather closes in and they close the high lifts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Should I be reconsidering my trip to Verbier tomorrow? I'm flying in to Geneva and could redirect to Val Thorens. Do you think it's worth the extra 1.5 hour drive to get to 3 Valleys and the extra altitude? Worried for Verbier next week!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see they've cancelled this years Verbier Ride, the mailout says it's because of poor conditions - but it looks OK on the posts above.

Are the conditions not up to snuff this season?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Londinski, if it was me I'd go to VT. I skied at both last weekend and VT is in significantly better shape with a lot more open. 3V links are also open.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1556garyt,

from http://www.telenendaz.ch/tourism/opening-pistes.html

"The chairlifts Tortin and Novelli and their respective ski-runs as well as the Siviez baby-lift are open.

The restaurant Combatzeline is pleased to welcome you to taste its specialities.

Pre-season special offer : 30% off day cards !

Opening sector Tracouet

This Saturday 12th of December 2009, we intend to open a part of the sector Tracouet, depending on the snow condition.
Opening sector Siviez

The following skilifts will be open :

Novelli chairlift

Greppon Blanc I skilift

Tortin chairlift

Siviez babylift

Connection to Verbier open by the Chassoure gondola (piste closed)"
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scottishskier, so bring skins and touring skis then Happy looks like we'll be getting a little bit of snow over the next week but I doubt enough to really matter
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Despite being quite mild it snowed, albeit lightly, all day today. and there was light (very light) snow down to Le Chable this morning.
It is helping to keep the pistes fresh and there is still the odd bit of powder to be found in the shade off piste.
Up to now mainly just Lac de Vaux and Funispace were open. A few more lifts opened today and we got plenty of runs in mainly on piste but plenty of nice bits off piste near the runs and lifts too.
There was good snow monday night and plenty of fresh to be skied on Tuesday I unfortunately landed on a rock just below the new snow and missed the rest of the day and the following 2 Crying or Very sad but at least got a few nice turns in the powder before hand Very Happy. Escaped with an awesome bruise and a lesson learned about not sitting back.
Above are a few pics I took yesterday. The first and fourth are from the Medran lift aproaching Ruinettes as it got above the cloud.
The others are looking down Lac de Vaux from Ruinettes The lake is now frozen since to bobinch's pics above.

This links to a picture of my bruised Ar*e I've posted it as a link for those who dont care to see
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rnLN89zCt_tF5J6N4QzFTQ?feat=directlink
snow report
RPF wrote:
This links to a picture of my bruised Ar*e I've posted it as a link for those who dont care to see
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rnLN89zCt_tF5J6N4QzFTQ?feat=directlink

Awesome! Rivals Yoda's bruise from a few years back.
snow report
RPF, impressive colouring there Laughing

Impact shorts next on the Xmas list?
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, They were in the wardrobe Embarassed I thought they were "only for boarding"
ski holidays
1556garyt,
71 Tortin has been running all week and Chassoure was running yesterday. This would no doubt be your quickest route. One of these broke down this afternoon. My mates skied down and are getting the bus back (unless I get a call wink ) So check it out in advance.
Its about an hour of a drive to LeChable where you can get a Gondola up to Verbier or Ruinettes as required for your course.

Yesterday the run down was closed but a few were skiing it. I'll get more details later.
snow report
RPF, ouch, good effort.
snow report
1556garyt, it was the Chassoure Gondola that broke down this afternoon. The Col de Gentianes Cable car opened later so they got that and skied down via La Chaux.
The run down to Siviez is closed but lots of people skiing it.

Swirly, Cheers Smile , when are you out?
snow report
I was the mate who got stuck.... rolling eyes

The non-run under Chassoure was still closed but somehow very tracked! Nice and steep in places but definately needs a fresh snow fall to make it more enjoyable. Certainly struggling for 2 hours to get back wasn't worth one chopped up run!

View from the top of Col des Gentianes. Did this run a few days ago in flat light and hated it, today it was heaps better, I didn't realise it was the same run at all.
ski holidays
RPF, Thursday: was supposed to be last week but Finishing PhD corrections put paid to that. To say I can't wait is an understatement.
snow conditions
Could we have some updates on the bruise as it changes colour over the next week or two Smile
snow report
Swirly, Well done. At least you had the sense to do them before you came out. I'm supposed to be doing the same at the moment its not the best place for that type of thing Evil or Very Mad .
Sarge McSarge, watch this space.
latest report
Myself and Kristof are in Nendaz at the moment. If anyone fancies a few turns or a beer give us a shout. Skied Chaussoure today which was alright not too rocky. Nice change from cannon snow. More enjoyable than the bump field that it will turn into! Greppon blanc has some nice snow still tio the sides but plenty of rocks to catch out the unwarry. Very quiet on the siviez/nendaz side. Bloody cold too!
ski holidays
scottishskier, Hopefully catch up before the end of the week or early next week. I'm having a few days off at the mo due to blisters I need to get rid of before touring in Cham at weekend Shocked
snow conditions
RPF, random question: are you going ice climbing with someone called Martin over New Year in Guillestre?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scottishskier, I notice you've found internet.
snow report
Hi, has anybody heard when they are opening Savoleyres, running out of options, Verbier on Sunday, good conditions. Grand Monets yesterday, quite, icy in places few rocks off-piste, Zinal today. Any other suggestions within an hours drive of Verbier ???
ski holidays
They wouldn't let a friend buy the 4 valley pass yesterday as it's not open yet. Puzzled
latest report
Swirly,No, not me Very Happy
latest report
CSki wrote:
They wouldn't let a friend buy the 4 valley pass yesterday as it's not open yet. Puzzled

Yet the day before they would not let him on the Tortin chairlift as he only had the Verbier one Shocked
snow report
RPF, ok that makes 3 people in the area for the season in the process of finishing PhDs then!
snow report
bobinch wrote:
Londinski, if it was me I'd go to VT. I skied at both last weekend and VT is in significantly better shape with a lot more open. 3V links are also open.

Bobinch, thanks for the advice. I ended up in Verbier for the week anyway as the wife vetoed the longer drive. It has been really good if one is happy with on piste skiing. Every inch of 'off piste' seems to be tracked up but really there isn't much cover out there. Was nordic skiing on Savoleyres on Sunday and the cover isn't that great. I have heard rumours that they'll open it this weekend but I think it needs a good dump. Ruinettes down to Medran is officially closed but you wouldn't know it. The conditions on the run down look good from the Medran lift, I haven't tried it.

I'm here one more day and the biggest issue is the cold, it was -16C at Ruinettes today at 3pm when I decided to pack it in. Tomorrow doesn't look much warmer. But it has been super clear and sunny.

Conditions are beginning to get scratchy and some dirt showing through today in places. Lots of crowding as we've all been channelized onto relatively few runs. The closed runs surely being held back for the weekend, they aren't closed due to lack of snow as the closed runs look better than the open runs at this point. No lift lines at all, which helps in this cold.

If any Snowheads in are Verbier tonight, let me know. Wife has left back to London and I am flying solo.

Londinski
ski holidays
CSki wrote:

CSki, I can confirm this, I tried to buy a 4 valley yesterday with no luck. While the Tortin lift is running, the trail down to it is 'closed' (read: busy), so I guess one wouldn't end up down there officially.

Londinski
snow report
I think RPF and myself might be out in Verb tonight, we've finally got a full apartment so might need a few drinks to get to know one another!
snow conditions
RPF sounds good.

Londinski wrote:
CSki wrote:

CSki, I can confirm this, I tried to buy a 4 valley yesterday with no luck. While the Tortin lift is running, the trail down to it is 'closed' (read: busy), so I guess one wouldn't end up down there officially.

Londinski

Excellent it will keep the siviez area quiet for us!
snow report
Everything open except Mont Gele (which needs a lot more snow, never opens early season, being totally unpisted and steep) and Mont Fort (two big slides earlier in the month).
Pistes are fully covered, off piste looks good but has plenty of teeth (rocks!) ready to bite the unwary.
Flippin 'Eck....IT IS COLD!!!

The rumour about the La Chaux Express being broken....just that, a rumour, it is fine.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:
RPF, impressive colouring there Laughing

Impact shorts next on the Xmas list?

Says the guy that did the same while his impact shorts were back at the chalet rolling eyes wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy