Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planning 8-20 Days Skiing in France This Year? A New Lift Pass Option

Poster: A snowHead
This was around last year but the Les Arcs Tourist office are endorsing it this year and advertising it. Wierdly they are calling it a different name? Gives options if you want to resort hop but also as we plan to do 14 days with the kids this year it works out the cheapest was (we are 1 week short of needing season apasses).

You don't buy your lift pass in advance and pay for it up to a month after using! WE are goign to buy through the Les Arcs website as it gives a bit more secuirity. Carte Neige for 19euro ain't bad either.

http://www.skialacarte.fr/en

http://www.lesarcs.com/The-Carte-Zen-2.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saw this on the Grand Massif website, and it did look interesting. Didn't work out for us as the GM season pass is only €419, but could be useful for a lot of people.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also covered in this thread from last season - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1334002 I did write an update (at the end) of that thread for what had changed for this season.

Interesting TFC that you reckon it's giving you guys value - don't you get discount as property owners anyway? I like the CN for 19 euro - alone that almost covers the annual cost compared to buying it at the till but do you get covered if you're not skiing on the a la carte card, or in a non cda resort - i.e. is it full 'carte neige' or just 'CN coverage when used with a la carte.

At least they're decisive about what it's being called - holliski, ski a la carte and now carte zen...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 2-11-09 17:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Mrsfatcontroller has just spotted a flaw for us. Hidden in the gremlins of the T&C's it says that the discount offered is off the adult rate only i.e. kids pay the daily adult rate. Will ring the Les Arcs office tomorrow and check as they don't says that on their website but the Holiski skite does. Cue night of mrsfatcontroller gloating Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not quite directly related to this thread, but is this property owners discount a "normal" thing for French resorts ? As far as I am aware, unless I have made an expensive mistake, there is no such thing in Alpe d'Huez. There is just an early buyer discount for purchases before 16th. November and then another approx. 12% family discount. This makes an annual pass 616€ for adults and 449€ for kids. This makes the break even point about 3 weeks skiing, although the annual pass is a real annual pass and covrs the summer as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skitow, no such thing in Serre Che either, unless you are a permanent resident. Again only an early buying discount.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skitow, we get a property owners/residents discount in La Rosiere as well as an early booking discount. Worth checking with the Marie or the lift company, our forms arrive automatically so the lift company must get a list of owners from the marie.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some places seem to offer residents discount and some offer early purchase discount - we get the resident/property owner in PDS but nothing for buying early.

If we were to buy the Les Gets/Morzine pass there is a discount for buying that early - not sure if also for being property owner in addition. Love the way its different all over the place, just to keep us all on our toes - different age for being senior everywhere - and some places abandoning it altogether.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:
Interesting TFC that you reckon it's giving you guys value - don't you get discount as property owners anyway?.........

We do but we are doing 2 weeks and to make a season pass work, even on owners rates, you need to do 3 weeks. Season lift passes for us on owners rates with 3 kids would be 2,600 euro. Nice at .7 but at 1:1 Sad Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, La Plagne property owners get an annual pass (not season) as a family we break even at 3 weeks and then get all the summer free as well Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, Boredsurfing,
Sounds like 3 weeks is the magical number that they, the lift companies, are working on for the heaviest early season/family/propery owner discount then.
thefatcontroller, You are right, £1600 for annual passes for 2 adults & 3 kids 3 years ago appears to have been the bargain of a lifetime now that I have just spent £2100 (2100€ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ) for 2 adults and 2 kids (3rd. one is now 18 so has to get his own Very Happy Very Happy )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, La Plagne property owners get an annual pass (not season) as a family we break even at 3 weeks and then get all the summer free as well Very Happy Very Happy

Same as les Arcs, buy the season pass as an owner and you get the Summer thrown in
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, Work out the price as if your 3 kids were 14 and over Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not buying season passes for our two this year. Both are not sure when or if they will be joining us. Might do the Ski Alacarte.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

is this property owners discount a "normal" thing for French resorts ?

yet a different version - we get an early buying discount which means the season costs only 2 weeks full pass - super bargain at 345 euros. 525 bought after the end of November. However it doesn't include the summer. There's no residents discount. The age for a senior reduction has gone up to 65 but it's a measly reduction. After 75 the pass costs the same as a "bambin". But I won't qualify for that for simply aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I have visions of hobbling up on crutches and discovering the qualifying age has been increased to 80.
snow report
We get the summer pass if we apply before the end of OCtober, but that is for anyone, not just for second homeowners or residents.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, Work out the price as if your 3 kids were 14 and over Shocked Shocked

With Family pass kids are classified up to 17 years old Toofy Grin
snow report
pam w,
Just for your interest, in Alpe d'Huez at 65 to 72 you become a child again, about 25% less than adult price, and at 72 you become an under 5, free skiing, sports centre, ice skating, swimming pools etc.
My parents came over last Easter and could not believe it, they used every lift that a pedestrian could use, including the cable car to 3330m in which "pietons" get priority and jump the sometimes huge skier queue !
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, simple solution, buy a season pass and book an extra couple of weeks skiing Smile
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller, simple solution, buy a season pass and book an extra couple of weeks skiing Smile

Beat me to it wink
snow report
Quote:

With Family pass kids are classified up to 17 years old

if they were classified at kids provided their parents were paying for their holidays we'd all be quids in!

skitow, yes, the over 75s get a good deal, don't they! Glad they enjoyed it. snowHead
ski holidays
Val Thorens gives no discounts on ski passes for property owners unless:-

- you are a resident in the valley; AND
- pay taxes there; AND
- register your property deeds at the town hall in St Martin de Belleville! Shocked

Looks like we're struggling to meet their criteria then Sad
latest report
bertie bassett wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Beat me to it wink

Had thought of that but employer says I must work Sad
snow report
Has anyone signed up for this pass yet? Every 4th day for 1e after the 9th ski days is a good improvement on last year's offering.

You receive 6e back for each person you "sponsor" who signs up and they also get the pass for 23e instead of 29e.

So if someone is already signed up and can sponsor me that would be great. Otherwise I'm happy to sign up and sponsor anyone else who is going to get one...........
latest report
Checked with the Les Arcs ticket office yesterday and they confirmed that kids do pay the adult day rate as well rolling eyes , that's a bit stupid. As an owner we have now been told we get 15% of the standard rates anyway so we will be going for 2 x 7 day Paradski passes please.

bertie bassett, I notice now they have put the Holiski label up on the Les Arcs website so its obvious now they are the same, just called different Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Have you noted the La plagne site still says it will be complete by the end of October Laughing What is it about IT people and deadlines Laughing
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Yes it never ceases to amaze me that both Les Arcs and La Plagne tourist office seem to be completely surprised when Winter arrives every year? rolling eyes
snow conditions
No property owners' discount in Laax either - again unless you are permanently resident there. Early booking discount expired end of April Sad which we didn't do this year as we were paying off a chunk of mortgage. Looks like we won't bother with a season pass this year - our flat is already let out for 6 weeks in the period we're able to go down there, and we're sailing for 2 more, and with R starting a new job in March we can't really booger off for a week as soon as he starts. Break-even without the discount is about 16-17 days so think we'll wing it this season and check out some other places too
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy