Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Kung Fujas tip to tip Dimensions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have 2010 169cm - if so what is the tip to tip dimensions? I think that the shop set me up with 179cm by mistake.

There is no size marked on these skis!!!

I measured mine to be over 180cm tip to tip. Only realised this when I got them home. I wanted 169cm. I'm in some doubt due to the rocker dimensions. They are supposed to measure short????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If its any help my 179 K2 disorderlys that i got the other day are about 4 centimetres taller than my 181 liberty hazmats and about 7 taller than my old 178 scot P3's!! It seems that K2 make their skis longer than you might assume from the measurement! Can't help with the Kung fujas though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
K2s come up long. 189s measure around 194cm, They've got a big twin and rocker so they'll ski really short anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Inverted8, I haven't seen the ski but in my experience rocker (assuming it actually has some unlike, say the "rocker" on the Salomon Lord) will take around 15-20 cm off the ski on firm snow. I would guess they will ski true to length in soft snow. I wouldn't be afraid of going longer with a rockered ski than I would with a regular cambered equivalent.

As scottishskier points out K2s do come up long. Hate to point out the obvious but if they are over 180cm then you probably don't have the 169.

How much do you weigh?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Inverted8, I have some 169's at home but I'm at work at the mo so can't measure. However, I concur with other comments - they are a few cm longer than the published length tip to tip, but are certainly less than 180 so I think you may indeed have a 179. I will measure the actual length tonight.

P.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree that K2 skis often measure long compared to others makers. I can't decide whether this is a good thing or bad thing but you do need to be aware or it..and like all these things, the skis need to work at that lenght for you.

Generalism's re TT, IMV... top head height is fine for someone who has skied a bit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, give or take a few mm my 169's are 171cm tip to tip.

P.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers! Thanks pauly69. That confirms it.

I also noticed a very small stamp on the outside edge (barely visible) where the serial number is. Yes it says 179cm. I have the wrong size. Now the shop is busy trying to find 169s, they have none in stock!.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Inverted8, how tall are you ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I got mine a few weeks ago, S&R @ Chill Factore claimed they were one of only 2 pairs of 169's in their national stock Shocked - I'm sure more will be arriving though!

Roll on January (and plenty of the Fresh Stuff in Flaine please).

P.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yea, the shop is S&R. They seem to have loads of 179s and 189s. Must be a load of us 'short a*ses' buying these skis.

I'm 165cm tall, 65kg. Skied 169s Salomon Lords last season and definitely don't want to go any longer.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are you me in disguise? I was on 169 Lords last year too, but I'm not a slave to the Fall Line ski of the year category - picked out the KF's long before the mag dropped onto my mat.
Before the Lords (which delaminated) I skied K2 PE's for a few seasons and got on very well with them as an 'all mountain' TT. I wanted more of the same (including their beefiness after the delam Lords) but a bit more width; I'm expecting the KF to be similar fun but more usable in the pow. I will only ever have one pair of skis, so I think the schizo binding will genuinely give me the versatility I need.

I am also 65kilos, but a couple of inches taller @ 172cm. I did consider a 179 but sense got the better of me - I could do without the added weight of a longer ski. Being unable to demo, time will tell but I have been very happy with my personal choices so far Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy