Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I have to confess, I'm not a regular poster on Snowheads. I tend to lurk in the background Embarassed but wanted to say thanks for educating, amusing and entertaining me with all your posts!!

Mr one and I are off to Niederau on 12th March. It's my 6th week sking, his 22nd (it took him a while to convince me to try skiing....). I've heard Niederau is quite a small area mainly for beginners so I would imagine there won't be enough of an area to keep us amused for long. I've read that you can buy the 'Kitzbuhler Alpen Pass' which allows you to ski Kitzbuhel and other smaller areas.

How far is it from Niederau to Kitz? Are the areas linked? How do you get there? Ski, by bus? And what's Niederau like, has anyone been?

Apologies for all the questions, but my hubby booked this without consulting me

rolling eyes

and so I want to make sure that I'm not going to be wasting a precious weeks skiing by finding out if it's a worthwhile place to go to......!!

Thanks,

Snowone.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowone, I was there 1988 long time ago I no, it was my first skiing holiday but your right it is a small area, but very nice. I dont think its linked with Kitzbuhel , you would need to jump on a bus for that, as regards the lift pass when we was there it only covered Niederau, but that could have change now.
I know their is another area quite close but the name escapes me. We stayed in the Hotel vicky it was very good, and the apre ski was briliant. Hope you have a nice time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are about 17 miles apart (ca 30 mins - 40 mins by road).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, guys! I suppose I should count my blessings really, a week of skiing in a smallish area or a week of work....no contest! I have friends who would willingly trade body parts to go skiing!

Looking forward to catching some of that apres ski, Mick Very Happy

Cheers,

Snowone.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowone,

Niederau is low (1600m peak & "Nieder" means low in german) so not very snow secure.

But looking at the snow report it doesn't look like you will be having a bad week at all.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Niederau.0to3top.shtml

Have fun snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy