Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resorts cut off

Poster: A snowHead
Links to Stuben, Zuers and Lech closed today because of avalanche danger. Austria seems to be getting the bulk of the snow at the moment.
Around 15,000 people have been isolated in villages by the road closures...
According to the Scotsman
Quote:
The Dutch royal family was among thousands of people cut off by heavy snowfalls and high avalanche risks in the Austrian Alps today.
... (All of it?!)
This report from the Scotsman
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never mind Austria, according to Radio 2 today wehen I popped out, the Lecht was closed as the roads were closed by snow!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And here they are !

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/18076731/_Lech_maakt_herinneringen_los_.html

More from Dutch news about Lech and Major ordering road closures.

http://archief.telegraaf.nl/artikel.fpl?id=458438&pagina=0&query=Lech%20Lawine&alleenrecent=on&bron=alles
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton, are you winding us up ??? Those links are in Cloggy wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best conditions in lecht this season !

http://ski.visitscotland.com/conditions/?view=Details&id=95033
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lech and Lecht are two different worlds as far as snow condition is concerned. Would the Scottish Lecht be viewed as the poor man's St Anton?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only if Glenshee can be seen as the poor man's Courchevel.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kuwait_ian,

I know, I can translate but im sure you get the drift .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, snow problem.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about Ellmau ? Off there on the 5th, never thought there was such a thing as too much snow Shocked but will be gutted if we can't even get to the resort (insert face here crying eyes out! , not one of the 'smiley' choices unfortunately)

Rich
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Off to St Anton on Sunday. Starting to get a little concerned. After the distinct lack of snow in Sauze at Christmas, I wasn't anticipating too much snow as being high up the list of potential problems. Heyho.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Although St Anton has been cut off on rare occasions it's on a stategic valley with access from both sides of the village so it's highly unlikely to be affected. The avalanche blasting and prevention there is pretty geared up, because the place so often gets so much snow.
I wouldn't be concerned - you're more likely to have an epic snow experience! Stuben's usually great for accessible powder skiing, because its Albona mountain is north-facing. Can be chilly, but could well be worth checking out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Getting to St Anton is not a problem. If coming from the west the ArlbergStrassenTunnel gets you there safe.

Interesting article here that I didnt here on the news yesterday . 5 Skiteachers in Lech were involved in an avalanche . Two got buried but were pulled out.
http://www.vol.at/engine.aspx/page/vol-article-detail-page/cn/vol-news-egunz-20050214-050812/dc/tp%3Avol%3Avorarlberg

More on the weather situation this morning

http://www.vol.at/engine.aspx/page/vol-article-detail-page/cn/vol-news-egunz-20050215-095022/dc/tp%3Avol%3Avorarlberg
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
300 hundred British package tourists got stuck in their coaches on the road up to Andorra on Sunday and had to sleep on the bus. Wonderful transfer day?

Best conditions of the season in the Sept Laux yesterday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
After another significant dump heard on the radio that a few Austrian resorts are cut off again (Lech, Saalbach Hinterglem, Obertrauen)

A few Dutch skiers got into trouble in the Zillertal Valley and had to sleep it out in the cold.

Tauplitz now has a snow base of 5.5 m Shocked
latest report
Blimey, we normally would be in Obertaurn this week......we usually go 6th - 13th or thereabouts! .... I knew there was a good reason for picking Lapland this year..........and having been to Obertaurn, it doesnt surprise me one bit.

Fx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy