Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne family lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've just found and booked an apatment in the La Plagne area over half term. I then went on to look for ski pass prices for the area and cant seem to find a family deal (2 ads + 2 kids) Does anyone know if they do a deal like this in La Plagne? (even Chamonix offers a family deal for goodness sake!) If not it looks like I'll be shelling out over e800 Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find with lift-passes that looking at the french language site is usually the best place but in this case the La Plagne website has been over-run by flash... and the Paradiski one is just totally annoying.

Still this link has a family pass for 6 days for sub 800 euro.. http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/ski-area/lift-pass.html - 799 for unlimited passes (includes unlimited les arcs) and this page
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/ski-area/lift-pass.html has a price of 714 for La Plagne passes,

On the les arcs site - http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/pdf/2010-TARIFS-PUBLICS.pdf has the full list of public tariffs which confirms the 799 for unlimited and has a price of 719 for the Les Arcs family. Normally the Les Arcs/La Plagne pricing matches to within a couple of euro or so it's probably right.

Get thinking about how you're getting there as well as flights will start to becoming (if not already) expensive and some en-route hotels will be booking hard..

I'm sure your family will enjoy La Plagne more than Chamonix..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pass prices on one page here
http://www.presse-laplagne.com/communique_detail.php?lang=en&id=32
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where are you staying in La Plagne and how good are you? That determines whether you should go for Unlimited Paradiski, Paradiski Decouverte (Discovery) giving you 1 day in Les Arcs or La Plagne Integrale for the whole La Plagne area.

Unless you are staying in Les Coches or Montchavin or very keen to ski Les Arcs Decouverte is usually enough for most people of average ability. La Plagne is the largest individual resort in the world with 10 villages over a massive area and before the Vanoise Express it was always plenty for most people.

Just seen this:-

http://www.presse-laplagne.com/communique_detail.php?lang=en&id=30
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, Boredsurfing, gravystuffing, cheers guys for your input. very helpful indeed. i'm still in a state of Shocked at the prices though. i'm sure we only paid £500 last year for the unlimited family pass in chamonix. i suppose i've just got to suck it up! thanks again
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bluemick wrote:
bertie bassett, Boredsurfing, gravystuffing, cheers guys for your input. very helpful indeed. i'm still in a state of Shocked at the prices though. i'm sure we only paid £500 last year for the unlimited family pass in chamonix. i suppose i've just got to suck it up! thanks again

Yeah but in la Plagne you can ski on piste for more than 10 minutes without needing to get a bus to a different area.

Quality costs...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, Very Happy Very Happy Yep, and you can ski for two hours from Villaroger to Montalbert (or 4 hours in some cases Toofy Grin )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne? Wouldn't you rather a trip to a former Soviet Gulag?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevin mcclean, When was the last time you visited La Plagne?
The Russians are to be found in Courchevel.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1990. I daresay Aime la Plagne, Plagne Bellecote, Plagne Villages and other faux 'villages' are still there?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kevin mcclean, Nearly 20 years have passed since your last visit and a fair bit has changed.
'The Steamer surrounded by a sea of snow' at Aime2k is now a conservation area and the building subject to a National Government preservation order for it's outstanding architectural qualities. Best seen in summer wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett wrote:
bluemick wrote:

Yeah but in la Plagne you can ski on piste for more than 10 minutes without needing to get a bus to a different area.

Quality costs...

bluemick Have a look here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm scroll down for the picture of the direction sign in Plagne Centre to get some idea of the area that lift pass covers (plus access to some classic off piste.) Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy