Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Sella Ronda Fans 2009-10 Season

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked for Corvara (Chalet Verena with Colletts) for 7th March 2010, so starting a new thread for the season.

Too many sleeps to count, but can while away some time reading other folks plans

Link to last seasons thread for info:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41307&highlight=sella+ronda
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Iam in Arabba with Colletts for the first two weeks of March 2010
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, I'm looking at the same chalet for the same week! I'll keep you posted!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be in San Cassiano, Alta Badia for xmas - as always!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FastEddie, I got the last room yesterday....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Joanne Mountainsun, I was tempted by San Cassiano, and emailed Jude, but the other half voted for Corvara.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Arabba the week before Christmas.. six weeks from Sunday. I'm going to have to start my snow dance soon!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Holidayloverxx, I am with a group of 11 in Chalet Verena from 14 March - keep it in good order for us.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Selva for Xmas week. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
quite tempted to go to Corvara or San Cassiano. How do the Sella Ronda vets do it?
TO, diy, any info will be much appreciated
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Louis, I do TO route. Try Mountainsun for their chalet in San Cassiano (Joanne Mountainsun post above)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx sorry, i'm really going to pick your brains now
Best airport to fly to?
Transfers or possible to hire a car?
self drive ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Louis, checkout the website, it's got all that there (I haven't been to the San Cassiano chalet but am a regular user of their chalet in Tignes). Transfers definitely possible. No idea about self drive, never done it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Louis wrote:
Best airport to fly to?
self drive ?

We're driving from the UK.
We did a fly drive using EJ into Venice (Marco Polo) and Europcar. It worked really well giving an afternoon sightseeing in Venice on the way home. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Would love to return in 2010, going to look for a last minute chalet deal in Jan again, if the snow is looking OK and something comes up at the right price, I'll be there. snowHead

Though I could be swayed by something in Switzerland as I've never skied there before.
snow report
Arabba, 3rd week in Jan (arriving 16th). Very Happy Have sorted Easyjet flights to Venice MP and then looking to sort a transfer. If anyone heading out on same flight is interested in sharing a private transfer let me know. cheers....
snow report
Canazei 3rd week in January (with 50 other club members!) , and then San Cassiano (staying with MS) first week of Easter, but just the family then.

Not impossible that we'll be out at Christmas as well: depends if we find any decent last offers.
snow report
patrick318, depends where you are staying in arabba, but have you checked out http://www.dolomitistars.com/index.php?module=CMpro&func=viewpage&pageid=36 which is available through a number of the hotels & pensions there.

just booked a week in Zoldo from the 9th jan
snow report
nickH, thanks for suggestion - we're staying at Portovescovo which is in that scheme and did take a look at that but the Easyjet flight gets in (or rather shld get in) just after noon which is when that bus service leaves! Ie if flight delayed we could be in the proverbial soup. Have driven that route before but would not fancy it if it was snowing...Our party is 6 so would not be horrific cost per person but if others in same boat we cld get better per person price...Pat
ski holidays
patrick318, the second bus leaves at 18:00, so you could wait for that but I personally think it's not nice when you want to get going to the resort but at least it gives you a cheap fallback option.
latest report
patrick318, I've just found I might have the same problem as EJ has just changed my flight arrival time. I would like to think that if there's a group of you the bus would delay its departure a little. It might be worth contacting the transfer company directly as I imagine a lot of their uk custom will be people coming in on Ej flights & they might consider adjusting their departure times to suit.

Think I might drop Sueski a line about it as she seems quite well in with them
snow conditions
Are there any TOs apart from Neilson who offer flight inclusive deals to Corvara or other Alta Badia resorts with half term prices below £1k per head?
snow conditions
truffaut, sueski could probably help you in arranging accommodation and transfers to Corvara, as it's next to her business base of Arabba and she frequently goes to Corvara but you would need to get flights. In terms of UK TO's I think Neilson are the only ones that include flights. I think Inghams did Corvara last year but seemed to have stopped going to Arabba and Corvara for this season. The advantage of DIY flights is that there's usually less waiting around at the other end compared to a TO coach transfer. Corvara certainly has a lot of very nice hotels if you did a DIY holiday and it's hard to see why more UK TO's don't do it but obviously you may suffer from the current poor Euro rate.
ski holidays
You might think we've got the Sella Ronda disease bad, but I was checking out the German-language Alpinforum and found this Sella Ronda trip report:

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=30007

The guy got up at 4am, drove 4hrs from Munich to Ortisei, on the first lift at 8.30am up to Seceda, down to Sta Cristina, round the green Sella Ronda with a diversion to the top of Arabba, back up to Seceda for the 12km run down to Ortisei by 5.30pm, then drove the 4hrs back to Munich. Shocked

That's dedication, but he got some nice photos to show for it! Enjoy! snowHead
ski holidays
luigi, sounds like a SnowHeads trip to Hemel.
wink
ski holidays
luigi, Pah, only four hours each way?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55718 (admittedly to Les Arcs, not SR)
latest report
Louis wrote:
Best airport to fly to?
self drive ?

Hi been to mountainsuns chalet in San Cassiano several times and can't recommend enough. Staff lovely and can't beat ski in ski out location. We fly to Marco Polo with easyjet and then use their transfers. Well worth considering.
ski holidays
This thread is far too depressing.

I'll just have to look forward to the trip to Folgarida at half-term and hope it lives up to my memories of the Sella Ronda snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
luigi, that looks like a fun day trip Shocked
snow report
Don't miss skiing the Marmolada while you are there - the highest peak in the region with spectacular views and long runs down (and lots of off piste if you are that way inclined).
latest report
snowball, we are definitely going to do that - we never got there from Selva last season but Corvara is nearer.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, We did it last year. Worth doing once but the cable car was very small, packed and was in three stages and seemed to swing quite a bit in the wind. At the top it was -30 with wind chill Shocked My wife broke down in tears Sad and she's said she won't do it again.
snow conditions
nickH wrote:
patrick318, I've just found I might have the same problem as EJ has just changed my flight arrival time. I would like to think that if there's a group of you the bus would delay its departure a little.
Think I might drop Sueski a line about it as she seems quite well in with them

Thanks NickH - I read their blurb and that say that wait for 30 mins but that is it. If flight is a little bit delayed and/or EJ push flight back a tad further we'd be stuffed...although airport has a loverly wine-bar Smile Very Happy
If you hear from Sueski plse let me know. Wld def be interested in a share that day and back following Sat, nb we are 6. cheers, Pat
ski holidays
patrick318, no problem, will drop her a line in the next day or so & let you know if anything comes along ( though think she's away for a few weeks so might have to await a reply). Last resort I'll just have to join you mob at the wine bar !! Little Angel
ski holidays
patrick318, It may be possible to book tickets for the first bus with a view that they would accommodate you on the second bus if you don't make it in time. I suppose there's no harm in asking. When we used the transfer service at the beginning on March in 2008 it was only about 25% full, so I guess Jan 16th would be similar. What time is the flight back from Venice ?
ski holidays
nickH, Oops, been at the vino tonight and just spotted you are headed out a week before us, so don't drink that bar dry but if Sueski does come up with the goods for a bus service plse let me know and I'll try to sort something for the following week. Our hotel have offered us a private transfer which is circa e250 one way for the 6 of us. Did this a few yrs back and was great fun, if you like riding shotgun with a wannabe Ferrari driver on icy roads in pitch-black that is... Shocked
pokemon, thanks for that but wld be a 6 hr wait and so not the greatest start to hols so if poss we'd like to get something else sorted even if costs a few quid more....Flight back is about 12.30 from Venice MP.
latest report
So, our week in March is my "special" birthday week. Suggestions for a restaurant in Corvara for the evening celebration (or commiseration)?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, surely ANY restaurant will be perfect to mark your 30th? Wink
snow report
FastEddie, Oh, you super smoothie Blush
ski holidays
I think some snow has started in Arabba unless the webcam is fooling me!! I know it was forecast but it's still great to see it! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy