Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation.... can anyone help? please?

Poster: A snowHead
Tricky one ... anyone know where i can get a cheap deal on accomodation in Val d Isere? I am going with four buddies for 5 days mid jan but cant seem to find anything cheap? whats the key to finding cheap accom ? Puzzled or is it not existent? cheers mat
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
accommodation rather!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How cheap is cheap? And are you looking for an apartment, a chalet, a hotel?

There are offers like this one - http://www.igluski.com/val-d-isere/les-jardins-de-la-balme_p6563?holidayid=23099323 for £334 a week and that includes flights. Think Iglu normally knock off about £80 if you don't want the flight included.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, thanks i am obviously looking in the wrong areas! we are willing to stay in any, apartment, hotel etc so long as it is cheap we are hoping to pay about 350 - 400 for accom. cheers

Also. With regards to apres ski and the like is this a good place to go? the trip is kind of a stag do also, not in the traditional larger lout sense of the general british stag do just a wee wee up for one of the guys.

cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
harryblackmaskers, have you tried the tourist office or Erna Low. You might have to pay for 7 nights though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

whats the key to finding cheap accom

go somewhere other than one of the most expensive resorts in France?

Other than that, what Helen Beaumont says. The TO website should have links to loads of apartments to rent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Though if your 5 days is over a weekend, you might have to pay for 14 days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harryblackmaskers wrote:
Hi, thanks i am obviously looking in the wrong areas! we are willing to stay in any, apartment, hotel etc so long as it is cheap we are hoping to pay about 350 - 400 for accom. cheers

Also. With regards to apres ski and the like is this a good place to go? the trip is kind of a stag do also, not in the traditional larger lout sense of the general british stag do just a wee wee up for one of the guys.

cheers

VDI will be fine for a stag do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

whats the key to finding cheap accom ?

Not going to the most expensive resort you can find. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stag do, Val D'Isere, cheap - does not compute Puzzled I have no doubt VDI would be fine for a stag do, if you have very deep pockets.

If I was organising a stag do it would have to be Austria.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobinS wrote:
Stag do, Val D'Isere, cheap - does not compute Puzzled I have no doubt VDI would be fine for a stag do, if you have very deep pockets.

Some mates went on a stag do to Val D'izzle and had a great time. Still they've managed to run up a 500 euro bar bill in a couple of hours in the KK between about 6 of them...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RobinS wrote:

Yep, completely agree, paying upwards of 7 euros a pint just doesn't do it for me.

Apres ski in Austria is secind to none, in my opinion, and if you're on a budget you'll certainly save plenty in spending money.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
why not try one of the immobilier there are several on line
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, I'm not saying VDI wouldn't be good for a stag do, but since the OP is after cheap accomodation I assumed they didn't have unlimited beer money!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

since the OP is after cheap accomodation I assumed they didn't have unlimited beer money!

well perhaps they have heaps of dosh but plan to spend practically all of it on beer?
snow report
thanks for the threads guys, plans have changed! due to your valuable advice... 7 euros for a pint!! i would rather eat the warm after birth off a tramps gusset!! Laughing how about st anton austria??? what are your thoughts ? im finding it hard to get accom for the 5 days only though most palces only do 7 nights min. think we may have to bite the bullet and pay for 7, it doesnt matter to me as i am staying 7 anyhow maybe more but the other guys have work commitments. hence 5 days only
snow report
I could have given you a couple of leads for 5 day accom in Tignes.
ski holidays
tignes, will consider. whats are the leads? another question that i forgot to ask...how is the skiing in st anton ? are the conditions usually good?
snow conditions
harryblackmaskers,

St Anton is as expensive as Val D'Isere.

St Anton apres ski is even better than Val D'Isere's.
ski holidays
Quote:

think we may have to bite the bullet and pay for 7

Not if you go to Austria you won't. It's about the most flexible and tourist-friendly place in the world for accommodation - especially if you wait until nearer the time. January is low season - so you could even just turn up and find somewhere. I've been about 20 times and, with a handful of exceptions, have always just turned up and found somewhere without too much trouble. Done it twice in St Anton no bother - both times for 2 or 3 nights stays outside peak season.

In terms of beer prices and apres ski atmosphere it has to be Austria - from 3.5 euros for a big beer vs 6 or 7 in Val d'Isere/Tignes....

St Anton is decent enough for apres - but IMO if you want wild apres (lap dancing, heaving bars and dancing in the streets) the wildest I've seen is Solden - fantastic ski area too. Ischgl and Mayrhofen have great skiing and good apres as well. Mayrhofen is about as cheap as you'll get for Austria for accommodation and food and drink.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy