Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet Hair (one for the girls)

Poster: A snowHead
Silly girly question but blokes do feel free to add your two pennies worth as well Laughing

I have short hair but still find my hair is a real mess when I take my helmet off so what do others females do when you stop for coffee/apres and you have bad helmet hair rolling eyes

Stick a beanie on your head to hide it?
Get intoxicated so you no longer worry about it? snowHead
Go for the slicked back sweaty look (oops sorry perspiring look) Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Linds, Could this technically be classes as a HELMET Thread, as there could be an accusation of trolling here Laughing

You missed an option Shave your head problem solved
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, my longer hair is not a problem , I just redo the ponytail.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds, I have the same problem with my beanie, but I'm growing my hair so hopefully this New Year I will no longer be a mop head on the slopes!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just nick an errant apostrophe from a thread title and stick it on my head for the Glen Plake mohican look Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't wear a helmet or don't stop for coffee.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds,
Quote:

Get intoxicated so you no longer worry about it?
Yep.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont really worry about it - its never that bad. Just swoosh it a bit Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I get "hat hair", but as Nade says, just swoosh it up - plenty of product 1st thing and you can revitalise it through the day.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always carry a beanie in my pocket for this reason Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee, Very Happy

Who really cares - you're skiing!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I visit barbers a day or so before I go and order "number one all over please", job done, not a hint of helmet hair.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linds, if you see anyone who is enjoying their mountain lunch/hot choc with perfect hair, she hasn't skied properly, with or without a helmet, and certainly isn't taking it seriously Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Always wear a beanie when skiing anyway, even under my helmet, so taking said helmet off is never a problem wrt helmet hair.

However, the real problems comes when the cafe is too hot for a beanie and i have to remove it. You think helmet hair is bad.... you should see what hair looks like when it has been under a beanie AND a helmet!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hair clips - ideally put in prior to skiing. Brush in back pack or pocket also useful.
ski holidays
better still, stay at home and do the washing and hoovering! Laughing
ski holidays
ignore it. wink After having scratched furiously to sort out the Helmet Hair Itch.
snow conditions
This:

Quote:

Linds, my longer hair is not a problem , I just redo the ponytail.

and

Quote:

Brush in back pack or pocket also useful.

Beanie in pack for sitting outside resto
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I dont really worry about it - its never that bad. Just swoosh it a bit Very Happy

Me too snowHead
latest report
The secret is to go to the ladies first to sort yourself together before sitting down.
snow report
Keep you helmet on. Safety first.
snow report
My hair comes out from under the helmet in a better state than when I used to wear a hat - bit squashed but that matches the feet too - not sure that the bit inbetween the feet and the head is much to write home about either!
snow conditions
Helmet hair isn't nearly as bad as hat hair for me. I just ruffle it up a bit - I don't have enough to
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Just swoosh it a bit Very Happy
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Linds,
Quote:

Get intoxicated so you no longer worry about it?
Yep.

You don't have to worry anyway, your hair always looks immaculate! Very Happy
snow report
crossy wrote:
better still, stay at home and do the washing and hoovering! Laughing

What an interesting first post Shocked
Welcome to snowHead
... I think... wink
ski holidays
I get terrible hat hair but I just try to avoid catching sight of myself in the mirror in the ladies...

Another one trying to grow my hair so can tie it up out of the way! Why did a directional crop seem such a good idea at the time...?
snow conditions
Quote:

I just try to avoid catching sight of myself in the mirror in the ladies...

Snowheads is full of good advice. I find that as I remove my goggles with the vision inserts, along with the helmet, I can't see myself in the mirror anyway.
ski holidays
Linds, have the same problem, always try to have a beenie on hand! i'm find myself a bit sad for considering it an issue but i can't deny it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, get a life you daft woman. No-one is looking at your hair. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Is it just me or is anyone else reminded of 'Something about Mary' with all this talk of helmets and hair ? Madeye-Smiley Embarassed Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Linds, I am a ruffle the ponytail gal, but if you are serious then a travel size can of this from Superdrug and a mini brush in your pocket is the answer to any bad hair situation Little Angel
latest report
Linds, Gi'ore worrying, it's reight! Wink

Lizzard, Said with your usual charm & eloquence luv... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Linds, I'm in with the swooshing brigade.... after which I don't worry about it. After all, I'm not the one who has to look at it... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I have thin, crap, short hair and suffery terribly from hat/helmet hair. The kirby grips is a great idea (whomever suggested that)! - but as another poster has suggested I'm going to grow it long, then with info gleaned from another forum - plait it when skiing so that the plait can be pulled out and tied up to reveal gloriously wavy non-helmet hair.

Far away on another galaxy...
ski holidays
Alexandra, and when do you next go to the white stuff? wink
snow report
Ladies I don't want to burst your bubble but its a bit like the idea that men like skinny bitches. Men in reality like something they can hold on to, they like real women. Same with skiing, do you think some bird with untouched hair sipping a latte is attractive or do you think men are more likely to stare at the woman with helmet hair who looks like she has humped every mogul on every black in the resort to an inch of its life. Get real ladies, get helmet hair.
ski holidays
go bald like me
snow report
Lou, ha! plan in action already - it already makes a feeble ponytail! Smile

thefatcontroller, I know you're right - but I skiied Vaill last year. Home of the Playboy bunner. I (for real!) saw a woman in a Hello Kitty snowsuit. Sad I do realise that this should make me vomit - and I did laugh, but at the same time it made me feel a little insecure.

chrisb, doesn't that get cold? snowHead
snow conditions
Those Buff things are fantastic, do you know how many different ways there are that you can wear them? Particularly attractive on sweaty balding blokes of a certain age who can't manage a ponytail Embarassed
ski holidays
Quote:

saw a woman in a Hello Kitty snowsuit

Laughing Laughing bless

Quote:

men are more likely to stare at the woman with helmet hair who looks like she has humped every mogul on every black in the resort to an inch of its life

Fantastic, thanks thefatcontroller, I'm off for a full english.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy